BOB Blankets and Pillows start 2/16

Let's give credit where credit is due-this makes much more sense than charging $2 for soft drinks .. and it might even have better margins if they buy the pillows and blankets for a good price....

I think they have finally come to the realization that they have made some serious mistakes along the way--I just hope it's not too late.

Good move.

I saw one in DC a few weeks ago. You can't wash it because it's not a real pillow. It's just one of those you have to blow up made of rubber and felt. Looked rather cheap to me. I would pay for a nice Bed Bath and Beyond set but not that.

Well Bose, sony and others do make noise canceling headphones.

I bring this up because I happen to think that selling of certain "premium" products much like duty free would raise more revenue and provide a positive image and customer experience.

Go back to your screaming baby scenario. You're sitting one seat in front of the Screaming Urchin From Beyond and you're a Silver or Gold Preferred. About the time it seem like your head is going to explode, along come ones of the "Sky Waitresses" prancing by and says "Coffee, Tea or Noise Canceling Headphones Sir?"

You whip out the Credt card and shortly thereafter you're in your very own quiet cocoon. All for $99.00.

Think it would work?

Noise canceling technology is not useful for blocking out the human voice. It works best on constant, droning noise like aircraft slipstream, air conditioning and engine hum. Those Bose are no better than foam earplugs at canceling variable noises. In fact, I think covering over the drone makes the screaming kid stand out even more.

Oddly, the range of the human voice is also the range that any technology currently out there is least effective in blocking. That's why I say some enterprising, entrepreneurial inventor should figure out how to block (really BLOCK) the range of frequencies that humans emit and they will clean up! Imagine no more screaming babies, or cell-phone chatterers to hear. Pure bliss!

I saw one in DC a few weeks ago. You can't wash it because it's not a real pillow. It's just one of those you have to blow up made of rubber and felt. Looked rather cheap to me. I would pay for a nice Bed Bath and Beyond set but not that.

And here we go......let the games begin!

But will Bed Bath and Beyond have a lovely Flight Attendant deliver it to your seat?

The best thing I have found for screaming babies is a GOOD set of earbud earphones, like the $200 Shure kind, and an IPOD or IPHONE. If you buy the best quality earbuds, they are 100 times better than noise canceling Bose things. I can assure you, I dont hear a thing going on around me. EVEN if I dont have music on. Those things are like air tight and seal right inside your ears.