Bob Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedChicago

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
With all due respect to Bob, I suggest we all ignore him for the time being. If we don''t fan his flaming posts...maybe he''ll go away.
I''m officially ignoring his posts starting now.

In my opinion, Bob Owens is an AA employee and stands to gain from the failure of United Airlines. He has a right to post and to be read, as long as people understand the inherent conflict of interest between his telling mechanics to vote "no" and what American would stand to gain as the result of that vote.

While I disagree with most of what BobOwens posts, and, in my view, his agenda is quite clear, I wouldn't go so far as to say his posts are inflammatory in nature.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 1:24:54 PM ualdriver wrote:

In my opinion, Bob Owens is an AA employee and stands to gain from the failure of United Airlines. He has a right to post and to be read, as long as people understand the inherent conflict of interest between his telling mechanics to vote "no" and what American would stand to gain as the result of that vote.
----------------
[/blockquote]

What exactly do you feel I have to gain by seeing UAL go bankrupt? I'll admit, as I have all along that as a mechanic I'm concerned that the UAL concessions would be a reversal of the long awaited recovery that we have breifly experienced as a group thanks to the mechanics at NWA.
What is your motive?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 3:26:33 PM Bob Owens wrote:

That comes from someone who does not even work in the industry. Maybe he is looking to make a killing on UAL stock since the IAM is selling yours at rock bottom prices.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Again, please for once get your facts straight. The IAM is NOT selling UAL stock. The stock is "managed" by State Street Bank, who feels that they have a fiduciary duty to sell off the stock in the retirement plans prior to any BK. I do not agree with the stock sell, BUT it's not the IAM doing it.

BSDVR,United Chicago,UAL Drvr;

What are you afraid of? Debate is part of the Democratic process, or are you against Democracy?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 1:18:45 PM UnitedChicago wrote:

With all due respect to Bob, I suggest we all ignore him for the time being. If we don't fan his flaming posts...maybe he'll go away.

I'm officially ignoring his posts starting now.

----------------
[/blockquote]
That comes from someone who does not even work in the industry. Maybe he is looking to make a killing on UAL stock since the IAM is selling yours at rock bottom prices.

Are you saying that the IAM has no input into this? Do you mean to tell me that they agreed to a contract where they allow a bank to sell what they paid for without any input from the Union? Unbeleivable! They are forced to buy stock that they can not sell when it is at top dollar but a bank- never the freind of labor, can sell it when it hits the bottom without their consent. It sounds to me that the only sort of ownership they ever recieved was the liability! If you cant sell it, you dont own it.

I have no problem with a democratic debate. That's why I put in my above statement, "He has a right to post and to be read......"

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/2/2002 1:18:45 PM UnitedChicago wrote:
[P]With all due respect to Bob, I suggest we all ignore him for the time being. If we don't fan his flaming posts...maybe he'll go away.[BR][BR]I'm officially ignoring his posts starting now.[BR][BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][FONT face="Times New Roman"][/FONT][/P][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]Whats this 'We' stuff? you dont work for united either.Tired of these fanboys that dont work for the airline that have all these great insights about what we as the affected employees should do.[/FONT]

With 285 posts since 9/9/2002, I think Bob Owens needs a life. I've never seen a web-site stalker before, but he might be considered as such. Yikes!

Actually it's worse than 285 posts since Sept. Bob, you need help pal. Does your 'company' (saying this fearing Bob's fragile state), have like, uh, EAP? You need it! Go for a walk or something.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 11:15:05 AM casual rat wrote:

Actually it's worse than 285 posts since Sept. Bob, you need help pal. Does your 'company' (saying this fearing Bob's fragile state), have like, uh, EAP? You need it! Go for a walk or something.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Thank you for your concern.
My wife would agree.
I've been homebound the last couple of days with the Flu-lucky me on my days off, so answering all you cowards who are trying to intimidate your mechanics into voting away their standard of living so the company can prosper has kept me quite busy.

Wherever mechanics are being asked to give concessions I'll go. The majority of all the posts were put forward prior to the USAIR vote and the UAL vote. Dont worry when this is done I'll go back to occasional comments mostly on the-mechanic.com but thats like singing to the choir.

How come you dont share the same concerns about the pro-concession group?

Busdrvr
Total Posts: 491
Last Post: 12/2/2002

UAL777flyer
Total Posts: 729
Member #: 159

And this guy doesnt even work in the industry!

UnitedChicago
Total Posts: 162
Member #: 600

Status
Not open for further replies.