Boeing could be preparing to terminate manufacture of the 747

I wasn't aware they'd outsourced this from the beginning. Looks like Boeing will need to figure out a swing-nose version of the 777 for nose-loading, which is still a requirement in the cargo world...

https://simpleflying.com/boeing-747-end/

And, I still haven't gotten to fly on one yet. Just my luck.:mad:
My mistake. Forgot 2 flights on 747. Same trip (25th wedding anniversary cruise)...different airlines.
1. LAX-SYD on Air New Zealand to join cruise. Superb comfort and service. Because my (now, late) wife was a smoker, we were on the last row of last coach cabin directly in front of the bulkhead separating coach galley from passenger cabin; yet, our seats reclined sufficiently that we slept for 6 straight hours at one point.
2. BKK-SFO on United Airlines. Worst flight of my life. Redefined Uncomfortable for our generation. Pitch seemed to not be an issue in UA's configuration. The guy in front of me had his seat reclined to the point that I could not lower my fold-out table. He refused to raise his seat even 1 notch. Flight attendant apologized for the fact that a/c was totally full; so, no place to move us. Also had 1+hour stop in Taiwan for refueling. Passengers stood (or sat on the floor) of an in-transit lounge that had no seats available even for the handicapped passengers. Breakfast right before landing was gruesome. Omelets that were stuck to plate were featured.

Perhaps, although some carriers like FDX and UPS are pretty selective about used airplanes and would rather have new.