Boeing plans another round of layoffs affecting hundreds of engineers

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
"NEW YORK (Reuters) - Boeing Co <BA.N> warned employees on Monday it planned another round of involuntary layoffs that would affect hundreds of engineers at its commercial airplanes unit, according to a source and a memo seen by Reuters.

The latest job cuts followed a prior involuntary reduction of 245 workers set for May 19 as the company responded to increasing competition and slowing aircraft sales.

The additional layoffs are due to start June 23, according to the memo from John Hamilton, vice president of engineering at Boeing Commercial Airplanes."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/boei...reds-engineers-source-163319384--finance.html

Hate to see this again Jim. Many years ago I got my start on the big birds at TRAMCO in Washington, right next door to Boeing. I remember the ups and downs of Boeing, the towns all around, and the massive crashes in the housing markets geared around how or what Boeing was doing, either growing or the opposite, rifs. I turned down Boeing because of the roller coaster way they work. Hope they all get back to work soon. Ya know, with Trump in, and his mono being America first, buy American, hire American etc.. Seems to me he would try to help ole Boeing out and maybe have him contact the airlines from here (US) and poke them a little to try and stick all Buy American planes from Boeing. That would help with the ups and downs from Boeing.