Boston

shaka

Advanced
Jul 1, 2003
Hello everyone,

I was very curious to where the new United will consolidate their operations at Boston Logan.

Currently United is in Terminal C with Jet Blue and I understand Jet Blue wants them out because of their growth.

Continental is in Terminal A...do you think they will consolidate there?

Also American is downsizing and Boston and will not be using all of their gates so I would assume there would be a possibility for them to move in Terminal B with American. The B terminal is the nicest terminal at the Airport.

Just wanted to get people's thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

I was very curious to where the new United will consolidate their operations at Boston Logan.

Currently United is in Terminal C with Jet Blue and I understand Jet Blue wants them out because of their growth.

Continental is in Terminal A...do you think they will consolidate there?

Also American is downsizing and Boston and will not be using all of their gates so I would assume there would be a possibility for them to move in Terminal B with American. The B terminal is the nicest terminal at the Airport.

Just wanted to get people's thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

Folks in Boston told me that they believe CO will stay in A and UA will move over to that terminal, since Jetblue want to expand more in Boston. That would allow them to have all of terminal C. Delta will move all operations to the Satellite.

Folks in Boston told me that they believe CO will stay in A and UA will move over to that terminal, since Jetblue want to expand more in Boston. That would allow them to have all of terminal C. Delta will move all operations to the Satellite.

I hope you are right. I live in BOS and have been flying CO a good deal lately and UAs facilities and operations in Terminal C are awful. Massport seems to be very interested in accommodating Jetblue's growth (understandably) so UA leaving C makes sense. However, I'm not sure the main terminal gates at A can accommodate the combined UA+CO operations. CO serves BOS with nothing larger than a 737 while UA regularly schedules 757s throughout the day with 763 and 777s during irregular ops and to provide extra lift during school holidays.

Last I heard from UA (November) and CO (last week) the employees don't know where they are going at this time. There had been talk of them teaming up with US in Terminal B (South Pier).

Josh

I hope you are right. I live in BOS and have been flying CO a good deal lately and UAs facilities and operations in Terminal C are awful. Massport seems to be very interested in accommodating Jetblue's growth (understandably) so UA leaving C makes sense. However, I'm not sure the main terminal gates at A can accommodate the combined UA+CO operations. CO serves BOS with nothing larger than a 737 while UA regularly schedules 757s throughout the day with 763 and 777s during irregular ops and to provide extra lift during school holidays.

Last I heard from UA (November) and CO (last week) the employees don't know where they are going at this time. There had been talk of them teaming up with US in Terminal B (South Pier).

Josh

Makes great sense for the larger UAL to move to terminal B - US facilities. It's large, spacious, especially the new wing. US continues to shrink... so having UAL there ( to eventually replace them )makes great sense.

Seems to make a lot of sense about united and continental moving to us air terminal. I am hearing now that southwest will be joining american in the b pier with the acquisition of Air Tran. Seem that both B piers will be packed with traffic.

I was told by our local management in BOS that they have asked UA to come occupy the gates at B that AA will be giving up. Not sure on the answer. They asked Southwest and they said no.

Speaking of Bos...

Sked /or the bean counters have done the unthinkable...

Depending which thruday/fri..BOS to Cle has a CRJ!!!
Over sold on ALLTHE TIME..
Must be UAL mgmt that is not thinking about this..

CO used to have either Airbuses or Boeing's.. Until the merge....

Wake up there @ the top.....

Leave CO 1431 with jet service..

Thanks!

Speaking of Bos...

Sked /or the bean counters have done the unthinkable...

Depending which thruday/fri..BOS to Cle has a CRJ!!!
Over sold on ALLTHE TIME..
Must be UAL mgmt that is not thinking about this..

CO used to have either Airbuses or Boeing's.. Until the merge....

Wake up there @ the top.....

Leave CO 1431 with jet service..

Thanks!

I posted to just to show the irony. How union members get tossed under the bus so freely by the people who are "supposed" to protect them. Shows how little that union contract is worth.

I posted to just to show the irony. How union members get tossed under the bus so freely by the people who are "supposed" to protect them. Shows how little that union contract is worth.

What are you talking about? Is there some sort of subliminal message?