Branson Mo...Career with AirTran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2008
I am new to this board and very interested in working for AirTran (cs agent/ramp agent) when they start their service at our new airport in Branson, MO in May '09. I have been watching the AirTran website religiously, waiting to see when they may post career openings at BKG. From those of you that are experienced at this, when can I expect to start seeing career postings for a new market? The airport is scheduled to open May 11 with AirTran flights starting the same day. Also, any advice in obtaining a career with AirTran would be most appreciated! Happy Holidays to all!

Welcome to the Jungle :D I'm not sure when you will see the 'Positions' listed but I would imagine at least three months out, perhaps sooner. My advice is, be honest and truthful about what you have to offer as a potential Crew Member. Be well groomed and on time for an interview. Plan on working in a fast-paced environment, flexible and willing to help anywhere, when it is needed. Attitude is so important and being able to work with others as well. Yanno, the usual stuff! You may want to get a 'Jump Start' and send in a Resume now.... they may hire you and start your training in ATL, possibly MCI, or where ever there is a need at this time. Good Luck to you in your future and Happy Holidays. QA

You will most likely see Branson contracted out on the ramp and customer service functions. More than likely the only Airtran employees will be a Station Manager and supervisor. Airtran does this at several smaller stations including PWM and I believe BTV, there may be others. I can not recall how many flights they were going to start with, I may be wrong but this seems to be the way Airtran has handled the last few stations that handled 2-3 flights a day. Former FL employee here, as others have stated it is very fast paced but also rewarding.

If you want to work in Branson, the best thing to do is to find out who is the ground handling company is.
Like fdex727 said, your airport is most likely to be contracted out to someone like DGS, or someone like that, because your station is a small one in the system, so more than likely it will not have any mainline employees.
To actually work for Airtran mainline, you will have to travel to ATL (or wherever) for your training. I don't work for FL, so someone can correct me on that one. That is you want to work for FL mainline.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.