Branson puts his $.02 in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread title is misleading. Branson is not even mentioned in the linked article until the last sentence, and he's not even quoted in first person.

That being said, it has been my experience that the phrase used by Arpey, "it remains to be seen if [there will be further reductions in capacity]" is corporatespeak for "you can bet the rent money on"--as in "it remains to be seen if it will ever rain in Houston again." :shock:

I think we should all prepare for reductions in flying and parallel reductions in staff--all departments, except the executive suite.

The thread title is misleading. Branson is not even mentioned in the linked article until the last sentence, and he's not even quoted in first person.

That being said, it has been my experience that the phrase used by Arpey, "it remains to be seen if [there will be further reductions in capacity]" is corporatespeak for "you can bet the rent money on"--as in "it remains to be seen if it will ever rain in Houston again." :shock:

I think we should all prepare for reductions in flying and parallel reductions in staff--all departments, except the executive suite.

Does it really matter what sentence Branson was mentioned? The thread title is not misleading because I felt that what he said concerns airlines and more importantly Arpey's "no comment."

What is his definition of failure? Another bankruptcy? Give me a break any 2 year old could make that prediction in this global economy. What are the odds of an airline disappearing, slim to none. The failures are all allowed to feed off, and drag down the industry.

Precisely. How about jimntx predicts that no airline will fail this year? My prediction is just a valid as Branson's. He is considered a dilletante by most aviation experts. Jack of all trades. Master of none.

Since his airlines are not really publicly-held, we have to take his word for how well they are doing.

I repeat...the important thing about that article is what Arpey said about AMR, not what Branson said or Arpey's refusal to comment on Branson's statement. Arpey also had no comment about Pres. Obama's latest speech. Does that signify anything?

Also, note the importance that the news media gave to Branson's prediction. Your second link to his actual statement was carried on a car rental website. That's where I always go to find out what's happening in aviation. :lol:

Precisely. How about jimntx predicts that no airline will fail this year? My prediction is just a

I repeat...the important thing about that article is what Arpey said about AMR, not what Branson said or Arpey's refusal to comment on Branson's statement. Arpey also had no comment about Pres. Obama's latest speech. Does that signify anything?

Geez you like splitting hairs, don't you. So if I didn't put Branson in this topic title, you'd be happy? Don't you find it a little funny that they start the article with Arpey discussing capacity cuts, THEN moving over to what Sir Dick said?

You can have the last word here. Too foolish to continue arguing.

Richard Branson should be more concerned about what is happing in his own backyard, VS everyone else's. He may end up seeing the new AA/BA alliance, and his own Virgin America temporarily grounded.

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Department of Transportation is reviewing transactions proposed earlier this year by Virgin America involving its U.S. shareholders, amid questions raised about whether the privately held carrier remains in compliance with U.S. citizenship rules.

full story here

Status
Not open for further replies.