Bring Back Rakesh

LavMan

Veteran
Feb 12, 2003
I think it is time to replace Dave and bring back Rakesh, at least he did not lie to you!

Attachments

• DaveSiegelSig.jpg
    DaveSiegelSig.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 107
My thoughts exactly. The first Voluntary furlough was agreed to by Gangwal and he offered 24 months medical and had the greatest success with volunteers because of this enhancement. (2100 participated). Dave comes on board and we have to beg for 120 days. Now its down to 90, and he is not offering anymore Voluntary furloughs to our group. Which means major Involuntary furloughs starting in Dec along with Displacement right around the corner. He has just busted our contract language AGAIN. Management will argue and say that they did not and that they met their obligation. Reality is that they will have met that obligation when they start rehiring on mainline in the same proportion as the furloughs or in 2009 which ever comes first.

This will be Dave's legacy, just like Frank Lorenzo!

Attachments

• striking_labor_man_wm.gif
    striking_labor_man_wm.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 114
LavMan said:
I think it is time to replace Dave and bring back Rakesh, at least he did not lie to you!
And he can work off some of that 15 million payment he recieved. I don't think you should be the one commenting about people being untruthful.:(

Quit,

That $15 million was a "retirement" lump sum and contractual. You do understand about honoring contracts? or is it just for unions to have contracts honored and no other contracts? How about baseball contracts and football contracts? Should they not be honored in good fath?

Contracts are to be honored. Whether it is on mortages , car loans, lease agreements, Prenumps, etc.

Try being consistent. Either believe in honoring all contracts or none, even yours.

PS. BTW, I like your Avatar. Its you. :p

For years we got a holiday gift(cookies, cheese, ect) from previous managment. Perhaps Dave started a new trend last year by padlocking the TPA hangar just prior to the start of the holiday season. Well Dave what is it going to be this year?????????Pit maybe?

It was the TPA Hanger for Thanksgiving, and the liquidation threat for Christmas.
Perfect timing to ruin the Holidays for all. :angry:

The Holidays come early this year..lets see what they announce on Tuesday. I hear it will Urinate Off(moderate that one) a lot of people in the system. OH well, waiting for my PM. Just remember...Thou Shalt Not Scab. :ph34r: :ph34r: :down:

willnotworkforfree said:
The Holidays come early this year..lets see what they announce on Tuesday. I hear it will Urinate Off(moderate that one) a lot of people in the system. OH well, waiting for my PM. Just remember...Thou Shalt Not Scab. :ph34r: :ph34r: :down:
I bet in won't be in an easy to swallow pill form. Probably like a supposetory. At least there will be no problem fitting it. :angry:

Just taxies past the U MTX hangar in TPA. It's downright depressing to see it looking like a ghost town with the main doors closed for business. It sits right next to the well-used DAL hangar with tails sticking out of it, employees buzzing around, etc. Someone even stole one of the US Airways logos off of the right door!! Huge logo too!! My only question is... when the EMB170s start rolling in at a clip faster than we received Airbii aircraft, where will the acceptance MTX checks be completed??

Be careful what you wish for. Rakesh and Wolf flew this airline into the ground, and now Dave is stuck doing the dirty work to fix it. Think what you will about Dave and his management team's employee relations, but US was all but dead a year ago. They've brought this carrier a long way.