Bronner Optimistic About Future Of Airline After

Hey, the numbers are confidential. You're going to have to trust them on this. The little people don't need to know, so just shutup, take what your given, and show up for work with a great attitude and smile . . . . . or your fired.

USA320Pilot said:
BoeingBoy:

The numbers are confidential, but when the TP is fully implemented the company believes its CASM, including fuel, will be lower than Southwest and AirTran.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="240139"][/post]​
Lower my A--!!!! :angry: Wanna bet????? B)

Winglet said:
Hey, the numbers are confidential. You're going to have to trust them on this. The little people don't need to know, so just shutup, take what your given, and show up for work with a great attitude and smile . . . . . or your fired.
[post="240186"][/post]​
:lol: :D :eek:

There are 16 gates on b-con and there are 18 gates on C-con, they average 6 to 10 flights per gate, not one gate with 8 flights a day.

D-con is differant as it is the International gates, so it has heavy peaks of usage.

Charlotte has 263 mainline flights a day, give a few take a few.

On the side topic, that's 34 gates (not counting D concourse) for let's say 250-255 flights per day (MDA uses C gates also - how many flts per day I don't know). That's averaging 7 - 8 flights a day per gate (250 flts = 7.35). In the ballpark of WN gate utilization. Unfortunately, the traditional hub/spoke traffic flow prevents WN personnel utilization.

Now to the main topic. Some figuring with the Nov financial results yields a non-labor operating CASM of 8.06 cents. For "US Airways" (note the lack of "mainline" there) to have a lower CASM than WN, there has to be some major cost cutting on the non-labor side of the ledger - say 50% or more....

Jim

[Edit by me: I changed the non-labor operating CASM from 8.6 cents to 8.06 cents - should have looked at the calculator as I was typing instead of relying on memory.]

One quick note - gates on the "D" International Concourse in CLT are "pay per use" as they are city owned gates. US Airways only pays per flight arrival/departure - probably some cost savings there.

USA320Pilot said:
For those being laid off they would lose severance pay, medical benefits during the transition, COBRA, J4J (if available), FSA positions (if desired), travel passes, and unemployement.
[post="240131"][/post]​
FYI If US closes down and any remaining employees that are kept on payroll to finalize the liquidation are not offered a health care plan there will be no cobra for anyone! When the orginal Midway went chapter 7 in 1991 we were all sent letters saying that since the company had terminated the health care plan for any remaining employees they were not required to offer us cobra.

A320,
I'm usually on your side, but I find it very hard to believe the company is going to have lower CASM than LUV or Airtran. The bigger question is when do you expect to see a lower CASM...The company has made a lot of changes in the last few years and CASM is still around 11.

Do you think the FLL hub shift will result in drastically lower CASM? Do you think the paycuts will drop CASM by 4 cents/mile? Hardly, the company is going to be spending millions in the next 15 months for severance packages.

And its pointless to talk cost excluding fuel. Fuel is a cost, and it doesn't matter if non fuel CASM is 1, if CASM is 11 with fuel, the company will still lose money$$

LUV paid around 85 cents per gallon in the 4th Qtr, the others paid around $1.45. LUV's hedging is the only thing keeping them above water even with one of the lowest CASM's in the business!

Jack:

The Transformation Plan, when fully implemented calls for a CASM lower than Southwest and AirTran and that includes fuel, which is now public knowledge.

Brooner's comments are accurate -- that's all I can say due to confidentiality agreements.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Latest posts