MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
White House Changes Story on Bush Plane Incident

Reuters
Wednesday, December 3, 2003; 4:44 PM

By Randall Mikkelsen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In another White House correction, the Bush administration on Wednesday changed its story of a British Airways pilot's spotting of Air Force One during the president's stealth trip to Iraq last week.

The original story -- which held that the airline's pilot had talked to Air Force One and that he kept the secret of President Bush's Thanksgiving Day flight to Baghdad -- had been told by White House Communications Director Dan Bartlett to reporters as he sought to portray the drama of Bush's trip.

But after British Airways denied such a conversation took place, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said on Wednesday the airline's pilot never contacted Air Force One. "The conversation was between the British Airways plane and the London control tower," McClellan said.

It was also the London control tower, not an Air Force One pilot as in the original story, that misidentified Air Force One as a much smaller "Gulfstream 5" aircraft, McClellan said.

He said Air Force One pilots overheard the conversation while flying over the west coast of England, and the British Airways plane could be identified by its call sign when it spoke to the tower.

McClellan declined to say whether Air Force One had sent a false electronic identification or whether controllers were in on the deception.

British Airways said it could not confirm the new account.

White House officials have said the elaborate secrecy surrounding the trip was needed to ensure Bush's security in Iraq, but some critics accused the administration of dramatizing the trip for political purposes.

CHANGE OF STORY

McClellan explained the change in the White House story by saying, "I don't think everybody was clear on exactly how that conversation happened."

The White House has come under criticism for backtracking on its account of other high profile events.

In October it conceded it had helped with a large "Mission Accomplished" banner on an aircraft carrier where Bush announced in May that major fighting had ended in Iraq.

Bush had initially said his advance team did not put up the banner, whose message critics viewed as premature given continued attacks on occupying forces in Iraq.

Also, the White House had initially said Bush needed to fly to the carrier on a jet because the vessel would be hundreds of miles offshore. But the administration later acknowledged that Bush decided on flying by jet, even through the carrier had ended up within easy helicopter range, because he wanted to share in the pilots' experience.

British Airways said it could not confirm the White House's new version of the Air Force One story. "We've had no reports from any of our pilots with regard to Air Force One," airline spokeswoman Honor Verrier said.

This should be surprising? Shrub hasn't told the truth about anything since his campaign for office began.

Thank gawd he's gonna be a one termer . . . just like his daddy!

Perhaps it has something to do with AA because Carty gave so much money to his good friend's campaign for the presidency. I'm so sick of Bush's lies, flip flops, and deceit. One of the best bumper stickers I have seen says, "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing its idiot."

Thanks for the laugh guys! I hear Bush is going to open up Love Field soon. The day that Love opens up, you're f-ed!! Merry X-mas! Payback is hell. :up:

C'mon you guys. It's HIGHLY disrespectful to be talking bad about:
"His FRUADULANCY". George "Dumbya" Bush.

The only Person ever "SE-LECTED" to be President of the United States(By the US Supreme Court) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

The Grinchess that stole Thanksgiving (clever eh!!)

Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2003 12:44 a.m. EST
Bagram GI: Troops Waited While Hillary Chowed Down

U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton forced U.S. troops stationed at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan to wait for their Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday while she and her entourage arrived late, then cut in line and were served first.

A soldier who witnessed the scene tells NewsMax:

"Thanksgiving Dinner started at 3 p.m. that day, so the line was forming around 2:30 p.m. She didn't show up until around 3:30 p.m.

"Once she got there," our source maintains, "Clinton and her entourage bumped everyone in line, forcing them to wait almost an extra hour."

The brass at Bagram apparently had a hard time rounding up New Yorkers who wanted to have dinner with Clinton, D-N.Y. Only six GIs responded to an e-mail sent out last week that stated, "Looking for military members from New York and Rhode Island interested in meeting their Senator/Congressman."

People magazine was on hand to cover the event and wanted to interview the troops for reaction to Clinton's visit.

"But they were getting declined left and right," our source said. "People were actually telling the reporters, 'You don't want to print what I think about her and her visit.'"

After Clinton and her entourage departed, the only topics GIs wanted to talk about were "how great the food was and how fantastic they thought George Bush's visit to Iraq was."

Buck said:
The Grinchess that stole Thanksgiving (clever eh!!)

Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2003 12:44 a.m. EST
Bagram GI: Troops Waited While Hillary Chowed Down

etc
Ah yes, when His Cluelessness gets called to task for his dishonesty, let's all try to change the subject by indulging in a little Hillary-bashing.

By the way, did anyone see the report on CNN.com this morning that the picture of Shrub serving T-day meals to the troops was fake! Seems what he was holding in his hand was a table decoration. He never actually served anyone!

As Gomer Pyle would say, Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Kinda like his "improving the passing rate on the graduation exams in Texas while he was governor." They didn't raise the level of education of the students; they lowered the passing grade from 70 to 50.

There is a difference between what some spokesman said and a direct quote as
"I did not have sex with that woman" Thank God we got rid of that liar.
Can you imagine if Clinty boy was in power on 9-11 His solution would have been to have sex with OSB and deny it. Again lying to America and the world.

The thread is not about whether visiting the troops is the right thing to do or not. The thread is about the spin put on the visit just to look good in the voters mind. I can't wait to cast my vote against Bush. All in favor please do the same.

DFWCC said:
There is a difference between what some spokesman said and a direct quote as
"I did not have sex with that woman" Thank God we got rid of that liar.
Can you imagine if Clinty boy was in power on 9-11 His solution would have been to have sex with OSB and deny it. Again lying to America and the world.
Lying is Lying. But lying about your personal relationships is a little different than lying about our national security. None of our troops were killed over Clinton lying about sex. Hundreds of AMERICANS have died courtesy of BUSH's Lies about weapons of mass distruction. Bush has to go!

Well said, MiAAmi. I agree with you 100%. Now that stain on the blue dress doesn't seem so important afterall.

"His FRAUDULENCY(Dumbya) narrowly carried Ohio, and W. Virginia, partly on his imposing tarriff's on steel, which he reversed course on , just this past week.

Question,
Do you think the steelworkers, PLUS steelworker OWNERS will make the same mistake twice, by voting for this "P O S " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now couple that with the fact that NO ONE in florida, will be "left out" of voting in 2004. From everything I've read, the media coverage will be watching florida WITH A MICROSCOPE. There are THOUSANDS of people waiting patiently to make sure they are not "left out" of the voting process( aka Mississippi/1960's)

But, who knows, maybe Dumbya is counting on the "TERMINATOR"(Arnold) to deliver california for him.

As "we" always say here at AA,
"Time will tell"

NH/BB's

As hard as this is to believe, there is worse than DUMBYA, at the controls.

"big DICK(I got a bum "TICKER") Cheney !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!