Bush On Unhappy American Workers

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ampaign_jobs_dc

Unhappy Workers Should Take Prozac --Bush Campaigner

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A campaign worker for President Bush (news - web sites) said on Thursday American workers unhappy with low-quality jobs should find new ones -- or pop a Prozac to make themselves feel better.

"Why don't they get new jobs if they're unhappy -- or go on Prozac?" said Susan Sheybani, an assistant to Bush campaign spokesman Terry Holt.

The comment was apparently directed to a colleague who was transferring a phone call from a reporter asking about job quality, and who overheard the remark.

When told the Prozac comment had been overheard, Sheybani said: "Oh, I was just kidding."

While recent employment growth has buoyed Bush's economic record, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) has argued the new jobs are not as good as those lost due to outsourcing in recent years.

Nearly 1.1 million jobs have been lost since Bush took office in January 2001.

So you think Kerry gives a rats --- about wheather you have stake or not? or anything else for that matter all polliticos are the same they smile in your face and pick your pocket while doing it.... there is not one person running for office worth
powder and lead to blow there noses!

Amen Gibstr! A plague on both of them. How about Kerry's Vietnam footage? Turns out its all "re-enactments." Doesn't someone thinking about their political career at 22 give you the creeps?

Whatever. The numbers speak for themselves:

1. The Internal Revenue Service has stated gross income reported to the agency fell 5.1 percent to $6.0 trillion in 2002, the most recent year for which data is available, down from $6.35 trillion in 2000. The last time this happened 1953.

2. Nearly 1.1 million jobs have been lost since Bush took office in January 2001.

3. $477 billion federal defecit

From CNN Back underwater
Large budget deficits have returned in recent years.

Year Deficits (surpluses in parentheses) Percentage of GDP
1991 $269 billion 4.5 BUSH
1992 $290 billion 4.7 BUSH
1993 $ 255 billion 3.9 CLINTON
1994 $203 billion 2.9 CLINTON
1995 $164 billion 2.2 CLINTON
1996 $107.5 billion 1.4 CLINTON
1997 $22 billion 0.3 CLINTON
1998 ($69 billion) 0.8 CLINTON
1999 ($126 billion) 1.4 CLINTON
2000 ($236 billion) 2.4 CLINTON
2001 ($127 billion) 1.3 CLINTON

2002 $158 billion 1.5 BUSH
2003 $375 billion 3.5 BUSH
2004 $477 billion BUSH

Numbers don't lie.

Oh yes and Teresa HEinz Kerry is First Lady MAterial?
NOT>>

Oh shall I quote"Shove It"!

Again not to defend one side or the other, but that's why the phrase is "lies, damned lies, and statistics!" The deficit end and return was all stock market, as was the fall in taxable income. Read the story in the NYT today in full. Clinton in the year they booked the first surplus was projecting in the budget proposal a $160bn deficit--a combo of some spending he wanted not getting passed, and the Internet stock market, is what did it. But you have to say the Republicans are spending money way faster than the Dems ever did, which is a good argument for divided govt. Then again, I just sent a check to Ralph, myself.

Well, gee whiz, I guess American workers could get some Prozac, if they had proper health insurance. Or if drugs were less expensive.

Maybe these malcontented workers could join the military. I've noticed the rhetoric on Iran is being turned up a notch...

Dea :ph34r:

golden1 said:
NOT>>

But somehow a Vice President who publicly tells a US Senator to "Go F**k yourself" is acceptable?

Oh, shall I quote?

"NOT>>"

NWA/AMT said:
But somehow a Vice President who publicly tells a US Senator to "Go F**k yourself" is acceptable?

Oh, shall I quote?

"NOT>>"
It's amazing how everyone keeps using Mr. Cheney's remarks in the Senate during a private conversation with Senator Leahy, but, no one seems to remember Mr. Kerry using the "F-word" in a PUBLISHED interview in Rolling Stone Magazine about 6 months ago!! :shock: :shock:

MsRes said:
It's amazing how everyone keeps using Mr. Cheney's remarks in the Senate during a private conversation with Senator Leahy, but, no one seems to remember Mr. Kerry using the "F-word" in a PUBLISHED interview in Rolling Stone Magazine about 6 months ago!! :shock: :shock:
It's not the word, it's the way it was used. Sort of like "It's not about a blowjob, it's about lying to a grand jury". If every politician who ever used the F word was tossed out, then it'd be pretty quiet there in Washington. Ordinarily, polcitians who disagree with one another still say things like "The gentleman from Minnesota" in public, but may call him a f-ing a-hole in the privacy of his office. Mr Cheney, as president of the Senate, doesn't seem to grasp this concept.

Dea Certe said:
Well, gee whiz, I guess American workers could get some Prozac, if they had proper health insurance. Or if drugs were less expensive.

Maybe these malcontented workers could join the military. I've noticed the rhetoric on Iran is being turned up a notch...

Dea :ph34r:
It's worse than that, Dea.

I know of a handful of local firefighters and police that are soon going to Iraq as contractors. They are being paid $9,000 a month.

One of their girlfriends has begged him not to go, but as he says, "....jobs (including firefighters and police) are s*&^ty around here, and this is a chance to make some real money!"

I pray they live to spend it.

While the 'economy' (Wall Street)may be OK, the job front sucks!

Keep it that way a while, and maybe we'll have "...one half the work force ready to kill the other half for their job..."

Puts a whole new meaning to market 'force!'

golden1 said:
NOT>>

I didn't think we voted on the "First Lady." :rolleyes: The fact of the matter remains, Kerry has thrown down the civility gauntlet; let's see if Bush and the Republicans can do likewise. It's going to be hard; dirty politics has worked wonders for the party. But, I think middle America has had it with below-the-belt and personal attack politics. Let's stick to the issues, each side has valid points. It's going to be very interesting.

MsRes said:
No, it's not amazing at all, just typical of this left-leaning board.

Latest posts