Business Week Article

johnnyfleet

Advanced
Oct 3, 2002
In a recent episode of United Airlines' (UAUA) sad saga, a surreal company press release promised to "take actions to protect customers" (and, for what it's worth, other employees) from certain United pilots, who in July were staging a work slowdown. Cue Gershwin, and come fly the friendly skies.

Full Story

Well, well well.......

To quote O'Reilly, "What say you" 767jetz.........

Does the old addage, What goes around, comes around, ring a bell.....

Ding, Ding, Ding.......

Of course, only UAL lost money in the 2nd Q, has disgruntled employees, delays/cancels flights, has cut back on amenities....no other airline does, just UAL.

Just wondering what he wrote about;

AA's employees billboard/USAToday criticisms of AA, entire Super80 fleet being grounded for weeks....

USA's baggage debacle, charge for beverages....

Northwest's mechanic's strike....

Delta's "Song" and bankruptcy....

Southwest kicking mother's with disabled children off their flights...

Oh, no. It's just UAL that's taking this industry down.

Yeah. Right. <_<

"What say you"
Oh please. One guys writes an anti-UAL article, full of opinions and little fact, and suddenly the sky is falling? YGTBSM! :shock:

What say I??? I say US Airways better issue some more stock and dilute the shares some more if it's going to make payroll until Christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh please. One guys writes an anti-UAL article, full of opinions and little fact, and suddenly the sky is falling? YGTBSM! :shock:

What say I??? I say US Airways better issue some more stock and dilute the shares some more if it's going to make payroll until Christmas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My first thought upon reading the article was US Air too. Why? Probably because there have been *so many* articles like this about them. If this type of article would bring down an airline, US Air would have have shut down years ago.

So buy a Business Week and white out all references to UA and put US. Feel better?

Deal with reality guys. UA is not performing so well now and airlines always get kicked while they're down. This I know from experience.

Geez, the article is not about USAirways. With the exception of this, "At various points, United has tried (in fact begged, an executive tells me) to merge with Continental, US Airways (LCC), and Delta, all to no avail.

Is it any surprise? The entire system is hopelessly gummed up. Too many second and third chances. Too many inefficient players chasing too few dollars. With the margin for error now nanometrically thin, there's no spare room for United's peculiar baggage.

Back in the day, United and its big peers divvied up the posthumous spoils of the old Eastern Air Lines and Pan Am. It's time the tired octogenarian joined those dearly departed."
Good luck to anyone in aviation, times are changing.

My first thought upon reading the article was US Air too. Why? Probably because there have been *so many* articles like this about them. If this type of article would bring down an airline, US Air would have have shut down years ago.
Nope, it's about United. :eek:

"Airline managements have to be concerned that fuel prices could reverse direction at any time and rally again," UBS airline analyst Kevin Crissey said in a note to investors Thursday. "If this were to happen, the share prices would almost certainly fall back."

He said he expects other airlines, particularly United and American, to follow with their own stock offerings. http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/b...irways0815.html

In a recent episode of United Airlines' (UAUA) sad saga, a surreal company press release promised to "take actions to protect customers" (and, for what it's worth, other employees) from certain United pilots, who in July were staging a work slowdown. Cue Gershwin, and come fly the friendly skies.

Full Story

My conclusion, the airline is not fixible. There is no where to go from here but down. And you can say the pilots are working hard to self destruct the airline. As long as that attitude prevails UAL will continue its downward slide till maket forces put it out of its misery.

My conclusion, the airline is not fixible. There is no where to go from here but down. And you can say the pilots are working hard to self destruct the airline. As long as that attitude prevails UAL will continue its downward slide till maket forces put it out of its misery.

Well we all know that is your wet dream, of course AMR doesn't have any problems with its labor groups right? While all of them are in contract negotiaitons.. Face it, no one is in good shape... Not even your fleet of S80 a/c... Keep bashing, shows your insecurity..