Busy day in MDT

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Sunday was a bad day in the Northeast, with PHL being badly hit with T-storms and ATC delays. Several flights from Europe were diverted for refueling. Would love to see a picture of the ramp with the big birds parked there.
741 from MAD
703 from FRA
729 from LHR
707 from MUC.

flights from ATH, OSL, and FCO were diverted elsewhere. Would have hated to be in PHL when those flights finally arrived. I imagine a great many people wound up spending the night at that lovely airport.

Sunday was a bad day in the Northeast, with PHL being badly hit with T-storms and ATC delays. Several flights from Europe were diverted for refueling. Would love to see a picture of the ramp with the big birds parked there.
741 from MAD
703 from FRA
729 from LHR
707 from MUC.

flights from ATH, OSL, and FCO were diverted elsewhere. Would have hated to be in PHL when those flights finally arrived. I imagine a great many people wound up spending the night at that lovely airport.

MAD was an hour late but no diversion--unless the diversion happened while I was sleeping :D
Also MUC was in PHL before MAD, well at least the bags were.

MAD was an hour late but no diversion--unless the diversion happened while I was sleeping :D
Also MUC was in PHL before MAD, well at least the bags were.

MAD got to MDT first, I was on FRA, we were second. Then came LHR and MUC.You must have been sleeping. My FRA left first for PHL, and we diverted to ACY, because of another thunderstorm cell over the PHL airport, but all the others got in right after that. We didn't land back in PHL until 9:30pm and Customs was a mess!!

MAD got to MDT first, I was on FRA, we were second. Then came LHR and MUC.You must have been sleeping. My FRA left first for PHL, and we diverted to ACY, because of another thunderstorm cell over the PHL airport, but all the others got in right after that. We didn't land back in PHL until 9:30pm and Customs was a mess!!

OOPS Wrong day! I was on Mondays flight...Next time I will read and process every word. at least I will try to :blink:

741 from MAD
703 from FRA
729 from LHR
707 from MUC.

There was also a 321 from SAN with mtx issues after the heavies left. Last I heard, the crew was expected to time out and the passengers were going to PHL by bus.

There was also a 321 from SAN with mtx issues after the heavies left. Last I heard, the crew was expected to time out and the passengers were going to PHL by bus.

There were a total of 8 diversions...the four A330s mentioned, as well as an A321. a 319, and two RJs. The crew on the 321 did time out due to the mechanical issue and MTC had to drive in from PHL to fix it.