bye bye to the hub...here comes "wings"

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Does anyone know why Tempe is launching another intranet site? Errant apostrophes and occasional ETC (employee travel center) glitches aside, the Hub has been a pretty faithful servant since it was launched. There are some who say that the reason for the switch is another manifestation of cultural hegemony by Tempe over the East. Not sure I buy into that, but I can understand the sentiment. So, does anyone know of another reason?

Other than the obvious - why maintain 2 sites with the same information - I have no idea why one was chosen to be the single employee site and the other not. I assume that by this point both theHub and Wings are running on the same computer infrastructure in Tempe.

It would have been nice if they had 1 - let everyone on the East side (including all retirees) know their new employee number before the change and 2- changed the login to the ETC to match at the same time.

Jim

Was wings the west site? I thought the west's was named something else and this was a new one.

For those of us on VFLR status, what is the website address and how do we find out how to log in?

The url is https://wings.usairways.com/uswings

As an East retiree I had to contact someone in Tempe to get my new ID number - I think it was HR but it's been 6-8 months so I don't remember who for sure. Don't know about VFLR folks. I handled it all with emails and it took about a week.

If you've already got a new employee number, there is a link on the Wings home page for help. The password is a standard format for the first time you log on, but you'll need to change it when you do logged on the first time.

Jim

I guess no one paid attention the past few years. That's right, YEARS. It's been said again and again that we would have ONE employee website post merger. Compass went offline about two years ago, and when that happened the Company said again and again that the Hub would be going away as well. It's been no secret, just a lot of people apparently don't pay attention until it actually affects them.

I guess no one paid attention the past few years. That's right, YEARS. It's been said again and again that we would have ONE employee website post merger. Compass went offline about two years ago, and when that happened the Company said again and again that the Hub would be going away as well. It's been no secret, just a lot of people apparently don't pay attention until it actually affects them.

Compass, I thought it was different. And, you got that right, YEARS. You tend to forget things when the company is still merging things 5 years after the merger was announced.

Does anyone have a different e-mail address for corporate communications than the one on the new web-site? My ISP wont allow a (.) in an e-mail address (corporate(.)[email protected]). Dont tell me to call them, my retirement check cant afford it!

Does anyone have a different e-mail address for corporate communications than the one on the new web-site? My ISP wont allow a (.) in an e-mail address (corporate(.)[email protected]). Dont tell me to call them, my retirement check cant afford it!

a US employee I know had a similar problem. She was told she needed to verift her I-9 Inof through "E-verify". She was hired before the I-9 was created in the Immigration Act of 1986.
When she ran into trouble on the HR page of Wings, it gave her an e-mail address to contact.
She sent an e-mail to that address; it bounced.

You could try sending your email right to Elise Eberwein - [email protected]

I think all the US emails have a "." in them. You may need to try a different email account (AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail) and see if that works. Worst case, find someone you trust to send the email for you.

One of the problems with the ETC (employee travel centre ) on the Hub was that it did not work with Macs. A user who tried the ETC on Wings got the following response when using a Mac:

500: Server Error [20-0003]

Joe Beery may be gone, but his legacy endures?