C #'s bye-bye?

iheartairbus

Advanced
Aug 31, 2006
So rumors (all know how they go) going around that our West F/A C#'s are going bye-bye in favor of the new six digi's around the beg. of Feb. is this true?? Anyone know the latest scoop on that?

So rumors (all know how they go) going around that our West F/A C#'s are going bye-bye in favor of the new six digi's around the beg. of Feb. is this true?? Anyone know the latest scoop on that?
You talking about our West badge numbers? I know we still use em in Vacations. Just about any peice of paper we sign they want our west IDs. No idea what the East ID is for other than eventual integration? (Sarcasm.. okay it allows us to get travel.. ok..)

Sorry I can't be more helpful.. just saying we use them too right now.. and I haven't heard either way if we're going the way of just the 6 digit number or staying a mix of them.

EVERYONE'S employee number is going to be changed to a six digit number begining witha 2.
This was announced quite a while ago.
Should make for some interesting payroll screw-ups.

LOL!!! I was just curious we all pretty much have our new 6 digi on the front of our new badges... but I was just curious as to if anyone knew when they were turning off the 4 digi AWA number... I heard inflight c's were going bye bye in the feb. but I'm not so sure that's true... West DOES however use our new 6 digi's to non-rev now, i.e ETC,at the gate for check-in,listing stuff

I don't think there will be screw-ups with the numbers because it will be six digits. US East numbers do not exceed five numbers, and I think US West only has four.
The west alpha-numeric numbers were originally the employee number, but over ten years ago became a badge id number only. The number on your CareMark card is your actual old west employee number. Look on your west pay stub. You will see a six digit number in the employee field, and your letter number in the badge field.