CAL or DAL?

In my view, US Airways hostile bid for Delta has a better than average chance of succeeding, because its the creditors committee that must be persuaded, not self-serving, self-surviving Delta Senior Management. If US gets the go ahead to begin performing due diligence, I would expect an announcement of a UA/CO deal very soon after. It's the most logical combination of remaining major carriers. I believe you'd see UA Senior Mgmt get their usual fat payoff and ride off into the sunset to leave CO Senior Mgmt to control the combined entity from Houston. As for the NW Golden Share provision, there are ways to work that out.

In my view, US Airways hostile bid for Delta has a better than average chance of succeeding, because its the creditors committee that must be persuaded, not self-serving, self-surviving Delta Senior Management.

Don't forget the self-serving, self-surviving Delta pilots that are on that creditors committee that you refer to, and they are fully against the proposed DL/US merge.
IMO, a proposed UA/DL merge would not meet with the same opposition.

In my view, US Airways hostile bid for Delta has a better than average chance of succeeding, because its the creditors committee that must be persuaded, not self-serving, self-surviving Delta Senior Management. If US gets the go ahead to begin performing due diligence, I would expect an announcement of a UA/CO deal very soon after. It's the most logical combination of remaining major carriers. I believe you'd see UA Senior Mgmt get their usual fat payoff and ride off into the sunset to leave CO Senior Mgmt to control the combined entity from Houston. As for the NW Golden Share provision, there are ways to work that out.

There are alot of people at UAL that would be more than willing to give the out-going UAL management one last bite of the apple if it truly meant getting CALs management in.

As for NWA golden share, either the UA/CAL deal will be crafted as CAL being the "aquirer", which if memory serves, denies NWA ability to intervene, or the new "UAL" will give them a few "gifts" and say nice things about whoever it is they end up going after/get pursued by.

Reactions: 1 person
I just don't get it why Wall Street will finance an airline with pensions to take over an airline without pensions. Wall Street wants to see working people loose their pensions. Why would they want to add more people to the pension rolls of AA or CAL? Even if all the employees of the acquired airline get canned, they will eventually will have to hire people.
Those bastards want to do away with pensions. Not increase pension rolls.
And I do not believe either AA or CAL, (maybe Southwest?), have the money 'in the bank' to acquire anyone without the greedy bastards help.

There are alot of people at UAL that would be more than willing to give the out-going UAL management one last bite of the apple if it truly meant getting CALs management in.

Who? What group? Who would want the scab CAL management into UA, much less leading the Lazy'U?

Who? What group? Who would want the scab CAL management into UA, much less leading the Lazy'U?

The contacts I still maintain, while addmittedly not broad in scope, have expressed litle to no faith in UALs current management. However, now that you mention it, I'm suprised that CAL managements somewhat sordid past hasn't been mentioned, hmmmm. I guess it just goes to show how badly UALs current management team is viewed.

The contacts I still maintain, while addmittedly not broad in scope, have expressed litle to no faith in UALs current management. However, now that you mention it, I'm suprised that CAL managements somewhat sordid past hasn't been mentioned, hmmmm. I guess it just goes to show how badly UALs current management team is viewed.

Or how ignorantly these pundits of ‘change’ do their research.

Take Care,
B) UT

Who would want the scab CAL management into UA, much less leading the Lazy'U?
CO's current management team wasn't around during the strike in the early 80's. Therefore your statement of "scab CAL management" is incorrect.

On the other hand "Lazy U" may be correct. The key word being "LAZY".

Does this discribe your work ethic? :p

Pilots Union Chief Says No Other Carriers Besides US Airways Have Made Offers to Buy Delta

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

"In the normal course of business all these executives talk back and forth, but I can tell you definitively as far as I know there's no talks going on between Delta and any other airline for a merger,"

Definitively as far as I know.......

Wow, that sure sounds definitive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you honestly believe that the investors, hedge funds, banks and brokerage houses on Wall Street and elsewhere in the Big League financial community give a rat's ass about employees at all, let alone their pensions? They do deals like this because it is a way for them to make a quick buck. It is all about the almighty dollar. It will always be about the money. Don't think for a moment that any of those people, including Senior executives at UA and the Board of Directors, care one bit about the average employee affected by such a possible combination. They're in it for themselves. As long as they protect their millions, they are satisfied. It's class warfare, airline style. Enjoy the ride.

Do you honestly believe that the investors, hedge funds, banks and brokerage houses on Wall Street and elsewhere in the Big League financial community give a rat's ass about employees at all, let alone their pensions? They do deals like this because it is a way for them to make a quick buck. It is all about the almighty dollar. It will always be about the money. Don't think for a moment that any of those people, including Senior executives at UA and the Board of Directors, care one bit about the average employee affected by such a possible combination. They're in it for themselves. As long as they protect their millions, they are satisfied. It's class warfare, airline style. Enjoy the ride.

Senior executives and the BOD do care when the Unions strike as the pilots in 2000.

Latest posts