Canceled Flight

USPHLElite

Advanced
Dec 17, 2006
I recently got stuck in BGM, my flight was canceled, first it was a ground delay and then Maintenance. I was not worried since I knew I would automatically get put the next flight as a CP.... but would I? I called the CP desk after everyone else went running to the counter, I was not automatically booked on the next flight so the CP agent was kind enough to get me a seat. I proceeded to the counter to get my boarding pass and of coarse the line to speak to the agents was not moving, I attempted to print my boarding pass at teh kiosk and I received a message, sorry your record is being updated please see an agent. At the same time the agent told other PAX that the next flight was canceled as well and most likely we would not get out until late the following day.

Shouldn't the CP desk know that the flights were canceled, they were still showing just a 30 minute delay on my original. I know for a fact when US was using SABRE I would automatically be rebooked. in the end a grabbed the last rental car and made to syracuse however all the flights from united and US were canceled according to the CP desk. My travel agent got me out on the first flight this morning. ...I can no longer trust the elight desks to rebook since it appears they have a hard time seeing other flights. :down:

...I can no longer trust the elight desks to rebook since it appears they have a hard time seeing other flights. :down:

Welcome to our world. The computer will still allow us to check you in when the flight is canx or delayed so why would you expect us to have any info otherwise? :blink: Its ridiculous how archaic it is. Dont expect ANYTHING from US anymore and you wont be disappointed. The flifo is terrible and hard to read, if you dont have DECS you cant find upline flight info and even if you ask for a flight with a specific time and conx city, it brings up all kinds of stuff for tomorrow or flight that have already left. It is pathetic to say the least. I booked someone on Airtran tonight and the system never showed it HK, I had to walk to them to verify the computer actually booked it. Cities are still missing (TPA-CVG not in system and it only pulled up DL nonstops). We never know any more if there are flights that just arent loaded or there arent any flights. You're guess is as good as ours. There isn't an easy way to rebook the elites without pulling up every category individually (unless someone can enlighten me) and redoing every record. Canx old itin, book new one, adjust tkt, etc. Very time consuming. But, we saved a couple of bucks. :ph34r:

SHARES is junk.

How long will it take the kids in the Sandbox to figure out what the people who use it already now?

Today a US1 RES guy couldn't get the system to change my ticket. He kept telling me that I had to pay $100 change fee (and I did and would have), but the system kept telling him there was no penalty and finally he said, you know what, it thinks your ticket is refundable, well, let it do what it wants. And this guy is a real stickler too. He was just so frustrated.

couldn't get the system to change my ticket. ... you know what, it thinks your ticket is refundable, well, let it do what it wants.

Happening everywhere. Try once, try something different, still not working, have a nice day. Money is WALKING out the door. Everyone is so frustrated from not having the knowledge (when they actually do), but cant tell that they do because the system wont do what its supposed to.

I know of $600 not ticketed today and a couple $100 change fees that couldnt be collected. This just from incidents I'm aware of. Multiplied systemwide. Its not going to be pretty come $ report time. Maybe that will get someones attention. :down: :angry:

Well the system,what our stores folks are now calling the sewer is causing parts issues also.

What used to be 1 function to check for part allocation and availability is now 3.And only tells if you have the part is local!! Not system wide anymore!!!

Can you say A/C FUBAR AWP AOG ETA TBD ASAP

And there doing all they can with the tools given.Or in this case taken away. :down:

I had a ticket agent the other day who spent a half hour trying to apply a $150 travel voucher to my reservation. The helpless desk couldn't even figure it out. They finally had her just deduct $150 from the price of the ticket without applying the voucher.

I recently got stuck in BGM, my flight was canceled, first it was a ground delay and then Maintenance. I was not worried since I knew I would automatically get put the next flight as a CP.... but would I? I called the CP desk after everyone else went running to the counter, I was not automatically booked on the next flight so the CP agent was kind enough to get me a seat. I proceeded to the counter to get my boarding pass and of coarse the line to speak to the agents was not moving, I attempted to print my boarding pass at teh kiosk and I received a message, sorry your record is being updated please see an agent. At the same time the agent told other PAX that the next flight was canceled as well and most likely we would not get out until late the following day.

Shouldn't the CP desk know that the flights were canceled, they were still showing just a 30 minute delay on my original. I know for a fact when US was using SABRE I would automatically be rebooked. in the end a grabbed the last rental car and made to syracuse however all the flights from united and US were canceled according to the CP desk. My travel agent got me out on the first flight this morning. ...I can no longer trust the elight desks to rebook since it appears they have a hard time seeing other flights. :down:

ON SABRE......when you flight cancelled it DID NOT AUTOMATICALLY rebook... when a flight was cancelled reservations had agents work QUES that rebooked the FLIGHTS I myself have worked QUES many times and TRUST ME IT IS NOT AUTOMATIC..... all done by a US AIRWAYS RESERVATION AGENT in WS NC

Today a US1 RES guy couldn't get the system to change my ticket. He kept telling me that I had to pay $100 change fee (and I did and would have), but the system kept telling him there was no penalty and finally he said, you know what, it thinks your ticket is refundable, well, let it do what it wants. And this guy is a real stickler too. He was just so frustrated.
He could have charged a seperate SST for the change fee, but what would I know Im not US 1 desk. Too bad he didnt know what he was doing or ask for help! There are way too many problems but this was a quick fix.

I had a ticket agent the other day who spent a half hour trying to apply a $150 travel voucher to my reservation. The helpless desk couldn't even figure it out. They finally had her just deduct $150 from the price of the ticket without applying the voucher.

This is not a Shares thing. For years, US agents in DCA could never figure out how to apply MCOs and vouchers to tickets. I used to be at the counter a good 30-40 mins, most of the time with them on the helpdesk, while they got everything sorted out.

ON SABRE......when you flight cancelled it DID NOT AUTOMATICALLY rebook... when a flight was cancelled reservations had agents work QUES that rebooked the FLIGHTS I myself have worked QUES many times and TRUST ME IT IS NOT AUTOMATIC..... all done by a US AIRWAYS RESERVATION AGENT in WS NC

I don't know if your in reservations but when my flight was canceled in Kansas city back in December I called the elite desk within minutes and they told me I was already booked on the next flight. This was litterly within three minutes so I am not sure why there is a difference now. As I said in my original post they did not know my flight was canceled or the following flight. :down:

We did have an auto reaccom in Sabre, someone just had to initiate it and it went thru and booked the next available flight. It didnt always pick the best flights, but it picked something.
Saw that not allowing checkin when the flight is canx is on the list of migration fixes this week.

We did have an auto reaccom in Sabre, someone just had to initiate it and it went thru and booked the next available flight. It didnt always pick the best flights, but it picked something.
Saw that not allowing checkin when the flight is canx is on the list of migration fixes this week.

...so does that mean this benefit went away along with SABRE? :blink: