Captain Pay Scale

First year captain pay is more than $100/hr. Any hours flown over guarantee (70 hours) in a given month are paid at 1.5 times base rate. Pay goes up a couple percent a year for longevity. The pay scale is actually defined through year ten, but obviously only the first three rates are in use. The very first class is just coming up on their third anniversary.

Hope this helps.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/1/2002 8:27:54 PM airplt wrote:

What is the pay scale for captains at JetBlue?
----------------

Very Nice -- Thank you for asking.

But when jetBlue starts paying for their leased aircraft, won't pilot's pay have to decrease to compensate?

Sorry JeffG--couldn't resist. Urban legends won't die, they just fade away only to reappear without warning.

Heck, I'm just happy to be working, much less worrying about the bucks.

I see you learned something from our dope slap vs. Nuclear dope slap comparison!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/2/2002 3:21:37 AM AC AA LA FA wrote:

wow...thats HOT!!!
----------------

JeffG

This reply is why I don't believe it is necessary to air our laundry in front of all the world. All of our highly compensated 'brethren' are looking for a little fodder to throw our way. If anyone is interested in the pay rate, why not contact the company?
Obviously we're not here for the purpose of comparing our payscales but for the moment we all have good jobs at B6 as Eagleflip said. Good to be working.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/2/2002 2:16:25 PM Diesel8 wrote:
[P]I too, must agree with jbu320 and Farley. Outside of very close friends, the tax man and my accountant, no one needs to know what I make.  All they need to know, is that I am content and that I like working at jetBlue.[BR][BR]Sorry [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Sounds like advice my dad gave me. When someone asks what you make, tell them enough.[/P]

Nah, screw 'em. It's not dirty laundry, or something to be ashamed of, it's the truth. I'm happy with the pay scale, most everyone else I know is happy, and that's enough. Heck, most of these guys still think we make $85 an hour. However, since it's not really public, I'll take it down. Sorry, guys.

I too, must agree with jbu320 and Farley. Outside of very close friends, the tax man and my accountant, no one needs to know what I make. All they need to know, is that I am content and that I like working at jetBlue.

Sorry