Career Ends

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
I handed in my i.d. and keys.

They are sending folks out the door without recognition or even a thank you.

For the principals behind this whole sorry mess, damn you, sirs.

When I walked out and down the hall, I felt like Chuck Connors in the show 'Branded' I watched when I was a kid; "He was innocent..."

I am experiencing equal parts relief that I no longer have to participate in the Charlie Fox this outfit has become, and rage.

I switched from Dickel to single barrel Jack (better drink it while I can afford it!), and that seems to make my better angel happy.

Having seen the potential of this day within 18 months of the merger, and realized the potential 18 months ago, I have prepared as best I could.

I start school soon, and have cobbled together $$$ from here and there that should see me thru before I go broke.

After that, we'll see who wants a middle aged white guy with new credentials.

The best part of this experience has been all of the fine folks it was my privilege to work with. There is no doubt in my mind the pilots, f/a's, mechs and agents I worked with these 25 years are the very finest the skies have seen. I had utter, to the point of unquestioning, confidence in my PI management team, led by the incomparable Tom Davis. If you're looking down and listening, sir, thanks for the ride.

Just as much fun were my passengers. I was very fortunate to serve some first-class people. When I run into them around town, we catch each other up on what's going on, even though I have not been in customer service for a decade. Just a great bunch.

I have valued this board. Art, Bob and longing4pi, thank you for being great passengers and taking on the Palace. Art, you are right about the fares, but I think the game has always been 'break labor'. Fares will rationalize after that is done. Clue and ELP WN, I have enjoyed the wit mixed with the insight. Trade, we have different world views, but I thoroughly enjoyed our debates. You too, Michael. Boeing Boy, you are the 'compleat' airman - I'd ride with you anytime, anywhere. Keep the blue side up, my friend. RUD, I hope we both live to see the Great Awakening. MMW, I hope you land a slot in the new company - they will need good help.

700, unions are under an attack not seen since the 30's. It is easy to form a bunker mentality. But friend, if unions do not re-invent themselves, they are history. That would be tragic. Thanks for the artwork, 'dude, always a laugh.

Dea Certe, you are "more precious than rubies." When I read your posts, I always think, this is where good common sense meets a great heart. I truly hope it goes well for you.

Lark, I just love your posts. Really smart, with a touch of Ms Manners thrown in. Always a treat.

Light Years, you are so wicked smart! It got to the point I had sat my drink down and swallow BEFORE I read your stuff - bourbon stings when you snort it out your nose! Just soooo sharp. If Jon Stewart moves on, YOU are his only logical replacement.

PITBull, we have never met. You know you have my total respect, and I do not give that easily. And in another time and place, we would have been magic. Vaya con Dios, my lady.

I will check in from time to time because of you all. But I'm going to throttle back here, and ramp up another life.

God bless you all.

"Red Leader, Red Leader, I'm forming up on your wing."

Dio

Farewell and best of luck to you! Sorry about the state of the industry and the victims, like yourself, that are caught up in it. I think of people like you so often.

Good luck D

So what are you going back to school for, if you don't mind me asking?

A BS in business. I thought maybe I'd run an airline one day! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the planets align, I'm going to try to cram in an additional associate's in a technical field, too.

It's gonna be busy!

Diogenes,

I suppose it's likely we've crossed paths in our time with this airline. It will be my great good fortune if we should cross paths again. Good luck, Godspeed, blue skies, and only tailwinds, my friend....

Jim

Good luck Dio, check in as often as you can you add value to this board.

Dio,

You made me cry...

I can't believe it.

You have been a great voice of strength and reason. I have come on this board for years and always look for you, and always will. You will be missed by all of us, specifically me.

I wish you the best that life can offer. With your heart, you will soar, my friend.

I'll be on that other side too...very soon.

Regards,

"Welcome to the real world", she said to me
Condescendingly
Take a seat
Take your life
Plot it out in black and white
Well I never lived the dreams of the prom kings
And the drama queens
I'd like to think the best of me
Is still hiding
Up my sleeve

They love to tell you
Stay inside the lines
But something's better
On the other side

Take care. You and many others certainly deserved better, and by making a move, there's a much better chance you will ( as opposed to staying ) get what you deserve.

Stop by and post from time to time if you can. While I ( and so many others , obviously ) agree with your populist stance, your very literate and insightful delivery make the reading of your posts most enjoyable, educational, and valuable to the forum.

All the best.

Diogenes,

A sharp guy like you should soar to new hights. If by choice or imposed, Im sorry to see you go. Your clairvoyance to the ideal will guide you as well as your intellect. I have never met you, but I am certain you are an asset that will be missed. Keep your feet on the board, and live.

Reacc1

Diogenes, I wish you much luck with your future endeavors. You are certainly a voice of reason on this board. I've alway very much enjoyed your posts for their sharp-eyed viewpoint, intelligence and wit. It appears Bastille Day has arrived a bit early this year!

DIO:

Good Luck to you in School! Good luck to you in the future with whatever you do! I turned in my id as of yesterday as my city is outsourced. good luck!

diogenes said:
I handed in my i.d. and keys....
[post="275269"][/post]​

I'm sorry to hear it, Diogenes, and our industry is a little bit less because of it.

Good luck with the new career. If there is any justice in the universe, having survived in so long in this field will make you successful in your next.

I hope that you'll continue to come by here, as yours is a voice of reason badly needed.

Best Wishes,

NWA/AMT