Carmine Romano

767 mechanic

Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
There are plenty of rumors going around the system about the Con Man. Are they true or not. I am hearing that AA management has no comment. This tells me that he is done. Stick a fork in him.

I'm sure there will be a few retiremenets announced in the next month, all to be effective after the April payouts.

I'm sure there will be a few retiremenets announced in the next month, all to be effective after the April payouts.

And as ModerAAtor posted on another thread, if he leaves the company it is because management increases are tied to front line employees and it is just not fair because he is such an asset to AA that we have to increase his salary to retain him and his talents!

Nah, he's a company man.

He may be a free agent; Maybe the Red sox are offering him a signing bonus.

Throwing peanuts at Fenway requires some talent.
The man is ready and old enough to retire.
And his legacy?

I did here that the Con Man was here at HQ and had to explain why he had made promises to the city of Tulsa that he did not have the authority to make. This could be the reason why the state of OK stepped in and offered the money,not the city of Tulsa???????????????? On the other hand I did here that it had something to do with the racial actions of former TWU 514 Pres one Randy McDonald against an AMFA organizer, while he was passing out fliers to an AMFA informational meeting in front of the turnstyles on the Tulsa base. This was witnessed by numerous employees,along with a manager by the name of Jackson and The Con Man. The Con Man must have conspired with the TWU 514 and the international to conceal this from the membership and the public. After all there are video cameras for security purpose RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! After 9/11 I would think that there would be video cameras pointing at the turnstyles. Now an EEOC complaint has been filed and the arbitration of Dan Cunningham has revealed this to be true. I am not sure if the rumors about him being terminated have anything to do with one or the other,but they both have merit,so take your pick on which one you feel might give the company just cause for termination. I do know for a fact that the assault on the African American employee did happen and that this type of behavior should not be tolerated. This has all been documented in the Cunningham arbitration. No individual should have to tolerate this abuse in or out of the work place,much less have a company and a union(and I use that term loosely) conspire together and try and cover this up. This is what I have found out,so feel free to to tell me what you have found out or believe to be true.

ONE Window Romano :D
Ive been waiting for someone to address him as one window at a base meeting but it hasnt happened yet. Someone that was around when this guy was a mechanic thought that he was called (two window carmine)but ive heard it both ways. Regardless everyone remembers him as a slacker when he was a mech.

Would someone please shed some light on the "window" nicknames for those of us not in the know?

The amount of cabin window replacements you perform during a shift.[The cabin windows are replaced during a Heavy C check]
Examples:10 cabin windows on an MD 80 can easily be replaced during a 8 hour shift if a mechanic wants to.

I got the honor of riding the same elevator as him yesterday, so he's still on payroll, and on his way up to see either Reding or Arpey, as he was with minions in tow.

I got the honor of riding the same elevator as him yesterday, so he's still on payroll, and on his way up to see either Reding or Arpey, as he was with minions in tow.

I have been led to understand that his minions accompany him everywhere, even to "the smallest room in the building".