Cascade Project for mgmt layoffs

olderguyAMT

Advanced
Jun 12, 2010
Rumor control grapevine says that some managers and supervisors will get their walking papers this week at TUL.

Who and when?

No fence for agents at AA low level management will be running back to rank and file

They can't....there's no vacancies and they have to be "hired" into another position. All the postings now are for American Eagle..albeit some upper mgt and station manager level..

Taking joy in anyone's misfortune is sad at best.
I agree most of our level 4 supervisors are ok guys just trying to earn a living like the rest of us. No one should take joy out of a working stiff losing his job
I don't think that Frank was taking any pleasure or joy in the misfortune of others - I believe that he was laughing at Informer's suggestion (which I believe was very sarcastic) that those supervisors who deserved to lose their jobs would in fact lose theirs. Informer was pointing out that the wrong ones lost their job and suggesting that obviously, more layoffs were on the way. Frank's laughing smiley face was equivalent to Frank posting "Good One, Informer!"

I don't think that Frank was taking any pleasure or joy in the misfortune of others - I believe that he was laughing at Informer's suggestion (which I believe was very sarcastic) that those supervisors who deserved to lose their jobs would in fact lose theirs. Informer was pointing out that the wrong ones lost their job and suggesting that obviously, more layoffs were on the way. Frank's laughing smiley face was equivalent to Frank posting "Good One, Informer!"
Nice descriptive narration. Do you moonlight at PBS?

Nice descriptive narration. Do you moonlight at PBS?

Just wondering how this deal is playing out.

Past history seems to have been that Supervisors wouldn't keep/promote anyone below them that would be a threat to their job in the future.

It would seem the current situation is ripe for this behavior.