CBS, Hanoi Jane and the Amazing Race

snapthis

Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
I remember the Vietnam War. Maybe the producers of the Amazing Race need to review history. Even Bob Beckel who is well left of center, is outraged.

Glorifying the downing of a B-52 is not amazing. It's an outrage.

Congrats CBS, you are up there with Hanoi Jane.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/03/21/amazing-race-episode-set-in-hanoi-sparks-outrage/

Reactions: 2 people
Friend on the Paparazzi been following the Dog.....

bad-dog-learning-from-internet.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Friend on the Paparazzi been following the Dog.....

bad-dog-learning-from-internet.jpg

I think he caught a virus from looking at that stuff. All this time I thought he was showing signs of having rabies. It all makes sense now.

Poor dog. Now you are going to have to shoot em.

How about voting with the off button on your TV, then send a letter to XYZ network telling them why you are turning off their programming.

They will then add your comments to the rest. That will then be sent to the statistical department to decide if the people tuning out are in the target demographic of the businesses buying airtime/ad space.

All you and others are doing are generating publicity for the show with people who have no idea who Jane Fonda is, what she did, or what she stands for. I do not waste any energy on her. She can live with what she did. I just refuse to watch anything that she is associated with.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to click on some petition, then have at it.

How about voting with the off button on your TV, then send a letter to XYZ network telling them why you are turning off their programming.

They will then add your comments to the rest. That will then be sent to the statistical department to decide if the people tuning out are in the target demographic of the businesses buying airtime/ad space.

All you and others are doing are generating publicity for the show with people who have no idea who Jane Fonda is, what she did, or what she stands for. I do not waste any energy on her. She can live with what she did. I just refuse to watch anything that she is associated with.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to click on some petition, then have at it.

Phil Keoghan, host of the show is from New Zealand. He probably does not share the same memories, have visited the Wall in Washington or found names he recognized. I have.

Bob Beckel gave the show much more publicity than I could ever. I liked the show and was watching the episode in question, thinking they would do a story on the Hanoi Hilton, the place where so many POW's suffered. There was no mention of the prison.

There are many points, I agree with you, GQ.

Petition signed.

Wow, you just described how I feel about Sean Penn !

I've stopped watching anything with Tom Cruise, Tom Selleck (not a big effort since he does not do anything), Heston, Eastwood and a few others.

Reactions: 1 person