Cease And Desist

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
This company is UAL’s little brother and in fact wanted to become part of UAL.

UAL as we all know is experiencing the painful clause for all the world to see, part of the painful clause as was just announced in the media is doing away with the employees pensions as allowed by some corporate judge with zero ethics, a corporate smack.

You need customer satisfaction be successful and to have this you need happy employees, not disgruntled ones, to deal with the public. Being little UAL's brother, U will soon follow suit and dump the U pension funds with the blessing of some corporate judge in the name of saving this sick turd of an airline, this will happen. After this happens the employees of course will still be expected to bring in business with a happy face on, and of course unless one is on drugs this will not be possible given how badly they have and are being abused by a so called management team who has shown the world that don't deserve to run a kiddy zoo let alone a major airline.

Like it has been said on here and how some fiery relationships end in rage, the only way this thing called an airline can or will generate revenue again is to just shut down and start all over with new everything because it has gone too far, critical mass has been reached, it has been blown to pieces and little humpty dummy will never be put back together again, nor should it.

Letting a corporation go on dragging everything along with it when it should simply end is insanity and I believe congress should be called upon to make corporations Cease and Desist using what they call, A TOOL: A TOOL! Yes a tool to legally be able to screw anyone associated with a diseased company without worry about facing charges of pillage and rape.

This is why I have said before this company should simply go away and make room for healthier airlines, giving them room to grow and prosper. All employee groups are beyond unhappy, many employees are dealing with this quagmire with the help of drugs to keep them thinking straight.

To let this go on with what we have, an obviously very incompetent management team, employees who are all disgruntled and very distressed, creditors watching every breath for signs of the death wheeze, is cruel and unusual punishment for the ones remaining who must endure it.

There, I said it, end of my rant. I am so damn glad that people like Hawk, CCY, Do-It-For-Dave and all other company sharks have zero influence on me personally, because those kind of people are like a cancer which only spreads and kills and should be eradicated from the business world before it kills all working men and women.

To let what’s happening to U and UAL with the blessing of corporate judges will put the working men and women back 75 years, and it’s doing just that. Bush says jobs are to be had, he didn’t say one needs to work at least two of those jobs to make ends meet, but it’s fact.

Downsizing the working man’s wage, hence standard of living, is what bankruptcies accomplish along with making very incompetent men very wealthy. It’s a slanted twisted world we live in, and that is where I do agree with Piney Bob, if you don’t look out for yourself and simply go with the tides of this corporate storm, you will find yourself washed into a sewage system where indentured servants are the rule.

Cavalier: nice post. I will have to disagree with a few points, but onerall I think you nailed it.

Bankruptcies don't just hit the working men and women. Bankruptcies hit the creditors...the shareholders.....the taxpayers.

GE or Boeing or Embraer made a loan and they expect it to be repaid. If the company goes bankrupt, they are not liable to get paid. They'll get their plane back, maybe, but they have a used plane on their hands. It's sort of like your car goes down in value a whole bunch the second you drive it out of the car dealership.

Some stockbroker tells somebody that U stock might be good as a speculative buy......low price, upside potential. If the company takes a bankruptcy, that stockholder gets hosed. And what about the initial public offering...the one where the company actually got the money for issuing and selling stock? Lots of institutions, mutual funds, retirement programs....probably bought some of that stock. The stock is of no value after the bankruptcy. All those entities, and the persons who invested in those entities, lost boatloads of money.

The taxpayers of Pittsburgh built this Taj Mahal of an airport terminal and let us not fool ourselves into thinking that USAirways did not have a lot of input into what it looks like or how much it cost. The company downsizes Pittsburgh, turns back gates, defaults on rentals while in bankruptcy protection...well, congratulations, USAirways has just hosed the taxpayers of Pittsburgh, the money to service the bonds/debt has to come from someplace and I doubt seriously that people in Melbourne, Florida are gonna pick up the tab.

I noticed you threw Bush at the blame line but the real deal is presidents get way too much credit for good economies and way too much blame for bad ones. This one (economy) is on the rebound. But the problems that plague USAirways have little or nothing to do with Bush and everything to do with bad management. The bad management started many years ago....probably during the Carter administration.

I can't recall what it was I liked about Jimmy Carter....the 18% inflation...the 20% mortgage interest rates.....his ability to maintain America's stature around the world, especially in places like Iran......the attempted hostage rescue mission later referred to as "The Jimmy Carter Desert Classic" or perhaps it was his certifying a recent election in Venezuela, with widespread voting irregularities, as valid mainly because they failed to recall Fidel Castro's best buddy ion the hempisphere.

I digress. I apologize.

Bottom line...whether you had Clinton or Carter, Bush or Kerry, Lyndon Johnson or Barry Goldwater.....the mess we see at U would be there. It's the product of bad and I do mean BAD management. Did the employees contribute? Sure they did, costs were out of control. Did the employees make concessions to help get the thing back on course? Sure they did, twice in fact. Did the management seize the initiative and start putting in place the necessary systemic changes to right the ship? Heck no, they didn't, they either thought that they were smarter than everyone else or they were intentionally trying to wreck the company so they could get rid of the higher-paid employee contracts and unions and drive away (fly away?) in one of the subsidiaries (MidAtlantic perhaps) as a rescue lifeboat.

At any rate, have a good Saturday.

PS: I am not sure but what one thing that Lakefield and his buddies ought to do....is take a few bucks out of petty cash or the coffee jar and buy lotto tickets. They have as much chance of winning as they do of figuring out how to run an airline.

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
Bottom line...whether you had Clinton or Carter, Bush or Kerry, Lyndon Johnson or Barry Goldwater.....the mess we see at U would be there. It's the product of bad and I do mean BAD management. Did the employees contribute? Sure they did, costs were out of control. Did the employees make concessions to help get the thing back on course? Sure they did, twice in fact. Did the management seize the initiative and start putting in place the necessary systemic changes to right the ship? Heck no, they didn't, they either thought that they were smarter than everyone else or they were intentionally trying to wreck the company so they could get rid of the higher-paid employee contracts and unions and drive away (fly away?) in one of the subsidiaries (MidAtlantic perhaps) as a rescue lifeboat.

[post="171222"][/post]​

Actually, there have been concessions given 3 times if you count the early 90's....

ELP_WN_Psgr said:
I noticed you threw Bush at the blame line but the real deal is presidents get way too much credit for good economies and way too much blame for bad ones. This one (economy) is on the rebound. But the problems that plague USAirways have little or nothing to do with Bush and everything to do with bad management. The bad management started many years ago....probably during the Carter administration.

They have as much chance of winning as they do of figuring out how to run an airline.

[post="171222"][/post]​

Actually I should have qualified the Bush statement for better understanding. Bush says we have jobs, yes but what kind, low paying and exactly why there are not a LOT more employees bailing because what's out there to choose from one is just as well served as being on unemployment and getting schooling. Not everyone is lucky enough to have more than one trade skill like I do and therefore able to make the move a little easier.

A big ole double AMEN to your last statement here!

It depends. Are customer service positions low paying? Generally speaking they are. There is not much specific skill training involved, OJT and and company training on the workings of policy, company IT systems yes, but specific skill sets, no. All the training is done in house by the company and someone with a high school education can handle it. That is going to drive the market value of services involved.

Unless you have specific professional training in this economy (healthcare or IT being big ones), you are going to see lower end wages. It is a symptom of what most of us, want, to get more for every dollar we spend. It is one of the reasons I avoid Wal-Mart unless they are the only place open in the middle of the night.

Looking for a six figure income these days? Get post graduate education or get into a commissioned sales environment where you can get paid based upon your prodcution.