Ceo Arpey Very Cautious About 2005

AAquila

Senior
Sep 22, 2002
American Air CEO cautious about 2005 (AMR) By Matt Andrejczak
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) 09/23/04-- American Airlines (AMR) CEO Gerard Arpey told analysts Thursday the world's largest airline is very cautious about next year given record high fuel prices and a weak revenue environment. "You will not see us materially grow our mainland operations," he said. In a regulatory filing late Wednesday, American revised its third-quarter revenue forecast and cautioned investors about its fully drawn $834 million bank credit facility. Weak revenue and high jet fuel fuel costs has forced American to engage its bankers to refinance the loan. The airline is worried it might default on one of the covenants next year. Shares of American fell 29 cents to $8.35 in mid-morning trades.

"American Air CEO cautious about 2005"

It's called "poor mouthing", and is a recognized labor negotiation tactic, previously used shortly before contract renewal time. Recently, however, AA has used it to set the stage for concessions.

LiveInAHotel said:
After the BIG SCREW JOB last time, do you think we will give a penny this time? No way!
[post="184540"][/post]​

Sure we will. The TWU will give in again to save jobs so they can keep the dues flowing. Openers are coming next year and you can bet that AA will ask for more concessions. It's that simple. This is the only way that the TWU knows how to negotiate.

LiveInAHotel said:
After the BIG SCREW JOB last time, do you think we will give a penny this time? No way!
[post="184540"][/post]​

The same people who voted for concessions the last time will vote for them again.The same motivations still exists such as huge house payments and vehicle payments.Look how many NEW dualies are in the parking lot at TUL M&E.
The attitude is prevelant at TUL among TWU employees to give back more to "save" their jobs.
And you can count on the TWU to put out more Vermont Plan propoganda scare tatics [The green sheets] to contol the yes vote.TWU will do whatever it takes to protect their monthly dues and to hell with the wages and benefits of the members.
Hang on your wallet and you had better use your vacation early in the year 2005 because you will have less by the end of the year.

The Unions have become big business and they will do whatever it takes to keep the money train rolling.They have traded away job Quality for job quanity because of the money train[monthly dues]

Nightwatch said:
Yeah your correct...we should just ask for an extension like amfa, that'll show 'em!
[post="185765"][/post]​
Would you take a SWA/AMFA contract extension about now Nighty? I know your twu boys in Tulsa would take anything about now, with all the bankruptcies in T-town recently. Damn sure know you would, don't lie.

Spare us the "no extension for me" routine, you would take any bone thrown your way right now.

Your ex-TWA remember? The iam accepted "concessions for dues, yass-sa Mr. icaan we likes our jobs so much, we won't look while you get rich".... and you did it until he sucked your TWA dry.

Try again genius....... :blink:

1AA said:
Sure we will. The TWU will give in again to save jobs so they can keep the dues flowing. Openers are coming next year and you can bet that AA will ask for more concessions. It's that simple. This is the only way that the TWU knows how to negotiate.
[post="184828"][/post]​

I'm not a member of TWU. I'm a member of the APFA and we got rid of the a** who sold us out. We voted NO last time and John WAArd screwed us. :angry:

Hackman said:
Would you take a SWA/AMFA contract extension about now Nighty? I know your twu boys in Tulsa would take anything about now, with all the bankruptcies in T-town recently. Damn sure know you would, don't lie.

Spare us the "no extension for me" routine, you would take any bone thrown your way right now.

Your ex-TWA remember? The iam accepted "concessions for dues, yass-sa Mr. icaan we likes our jobs so much, we won't look while you get rich".... and you did it until he sucked your TWA dry.

[post="186048"][/post]​
<_< I wouldn't talk netwit! You don't have a clue as to what ex-TWA people went through! Talk is cheap!!! Until you've been there, SIT ON IT!!!! And believe me I'm trying to be diplomatic here!!:down:

The truth hurts doesn't it,MCI TRANSPLANT? The truth is ICAHN "conned' TWA and it's employees out of billions of dollars and left it for dead. :down: Concessions have never saved an airline and TWA is a good example!

LiveInAHotel said:
I'm not a member of TWU. I'm a member of the APFA and we got rid of the a** who sold us out. We voted NO last time and John WAArd screwed us. :angry:
[post="186073"][/post]​

We the DUES paying members at the TWU can not vote in or out our International officers. They are all appointed. Then they tell us that the TWU is a Democratic union. We are screwed.

Hackman said:

[post="186048"][/post]​

Sorry to burst your bubble but the f/a's were IFFA during the "icahn't" era. :)

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
:down: Concessions have never saved an airline and TWA is a good example!
[post="186083"][/post]​

Thats a pretty ignorant statement. Ever heard of Northwest Airlines? How about Continetal?

twasilverbullet said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the f/a's were IFFA during the "icahn't" era. :)
[post="186119"][/post]​
Sorry to inform you Mr/Ms. Bubble, but I was not refering to f/a's.