Change of Pace: Things you LIKE about the merger

I'm guilty of bitching and moaning about the merger, but I'm seeing some positives and felt maybe we could look at the *good* that's come out of this...

- Color scheme looks fantastic compared to the Euro-white that is plaguing the other airlines (United, Delta)

- Hawai'i flying and overall network

- HP fare structure out east seems to be doing well

- Simplified NRSA policy from East maintained (free pets, no oversize/overweight bags, electronic everything, ETC, ED20s (wish they'd work online though)

- Creative ways of making money (ok, some are not what we like, but at least they aren't copy-catting everything)

- Jobs more secure

- Wish the HP logo jets expanded more to the East, and HP should probably get an Airbii painted in the Star Alliance colors (US has 7 or 8 on the east side)

- Res centers that are based on US soil

- Shares may suck, but they're spending millions to make it look & act like Sabre.. at least they're trying

As a customer, about the only thing that I have seen that is good, is the res center is in the US.

The rest is down hill, sorry about the 'tude but its the truth

Hold on............................I'll think of SOMETHING..........................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Front line management team is too busy to stand in the briefing room telling us to put our hair up. Oh, and they're not measuring our hem lengths and demanding them to be lowered.
Probably the calm before the storm, though...

I'm guilty of bitching and moaning about the merger, but I'm seeing some positives and felt maybe we could look at the *good* that's come out of this...
- Color scheme looks fantastic compared to the Euro-white that is plaguing the other airlines (United, Delta)

- Simplified NRSA policy from East maintained (free pets, no oversize/overweight bags, electronic everything, ETC, ED20s (wish they'd work online though)

- Creative ways of making money (ok, some are not what we like, but at least they aren't copy-catting everything)

- Jobs more secure

- Wish the HP logo jets expanded more to the East, and HP should probably get an Airbii painted in the Star Alliance colors (US has 7 or 8 on the east side)

- Shares may suck, but they're spending millions to make it look & act like Sabre.. at least they're trying

SegmentKing...

Thank you for the "positive" post ( nice to see here for a change) and I totally agree!!

- In addition, I would add that by combining both, the financial outlook has dramatically improved, one might even argue that it is outperforming and should continue to do so against the amjority of our competitors.
Thus....JOB SECURITY going forward...something that has been lacking in this biz since at least Sept.11.

- New and forward-looking uniforms for the combined comapny coming in January.

- Adoption of some east INF policies to "loosen the reigns" that HP folks worked under.

- Great Europe and Carib. flying that HP did'nt have.

All in all I think it has been a net positive.

Now, lets hope for a good joint contract to give us a shot in the arm!

Thanks again for the post.

So, how is your guide dog working out?

Um, check the cancellations. Sorry, I forgot. You are blind.

How? By filling already full aircraft?

Free (small) pets? Damn those with pets over 10 pounds. Electronics that don't work? ETC that works sometimes, not others? ED20's that you complain don't work "online"? No "oversize/overweight bags", denying US extra revenue?

Yeah, wasn't People's Express buy everything onboard, also? Duplicating a many times failed "strategy" is a real confidence builder.

- Jobs more secure

Secure in what way? Failed run on DAL. Failed bid on heavy long-range aircraft. Massively failed computer changeover. etc. and so on.

Blind people don't care what the colors are.

Contrary to common wisdon, it has been shown to be cheaper. Outsourcing was a fad.

Yes, our concessions make such a money pit available for moronic executives. I am certain that is viewed as a positive by those same morons.

One bright spot.

USAir management under Mr. Schofield is no longer at the bottom. We just found a group that is worse.

You just can't know how funny that is. Thank you for the laugh.

hmmm your so negative.... I can think of a two majorly postitive things that alot of us seem to be forgetting:

1: East still have jobs.
2: West isn't in BK taking paycuts that some work groups couldn't even afford to give, 15%-20% reduction in size, furloughs, and inevietably a liquidation.

I worked at US pre-merger and post merger, but now I'm out west and sure there are alot of rough spots now w/ things, but EVERY merger is this way. Until everything gets smoothed over. I'am still all for it, both airlines would be f*cked w/ out they other at this point. Even if pre-merger HP was to stay afloat awhile they were only a glorified regional airline with no growth potential.

hmmm your so negative.... I can think of a two majorly postitive things that alot of us seem to be forgetting:

1: East still have jobs.
2: West isn't in BK taking paycuts that some work groups couldn't even afford to give, 15%-20% reduction in size, furloughs, and inevietably a liquidation.

I worked at US pre-merger and post merger, but now I'm out west and sure there are alot of rough spots now w/ things, but EVERY merger is this way. Until everything gets smoothed over. I'am still all for it, both airlines would be f*cked w/ out they other at this point. Even if pre-merger HP was to stay afloat awhile they were only a glorified regional airline with no growth potential.

Negative? Someone has to be around here. Turning away pax unnecessarily on an international flight is ridiculous. and all the employees took concessions, for what, this?

It is: you're as in "you are". "your" is a possessive form and not a contraction.

Number 1 US did not depend on a merger. If you are an executive, you already know that.

Number 2 would have resulted in what you said had the merger not occurred, according to Parker.

No, every merger is not this way and those that are, do not have to be "this way". Perhaps I could partly agree had you included, self-inflicted "rough spots".

Agree with your last statement. Sorry, I don't drink the Koolaide nor do I eat the Soylent green.

Spoke to a DL executive today. Elite pax for US are leaving in droves and are being awarded elite status on other airlines. Also, she told me that DL is picking up our corporate accounts like crazy!

This inexperienced management team is destroying this company. If they went back to Sabre half of our problems would be solved. I give it 2 years at best.

That does nor surprise me in the least. FFocus members have been warning Tempe that it was going to happen. They have had enough and are showing their displeasure by walking away. You are also correct that many of our issues would disappear with a reintroduction of SABRE and the trashing of the king of crap systems --Shares--- Tempe just continues to be a leadership vacuum. We are making money right now , but that won't continue if Tempe doesn't get their heads out their butts and fix this mess that they have created.

Spoke to a DL executive today. Elite pax for US are leaving in droves and are being awarded elite status on other airlines. Also, she told me that DL is picking up our corporate accounts like crazy!

This inexperienced management team is destroying this company. If they went back to Sabre half of our problems would be solved. I give it 2 years at best.
but DoUgIe said that there was no evidence of elites booking away from usairways; he said that our premium passengers are tolerating our mess...he said that we can run a bad airline for a little while???
(i am being sarcastic!)
it is time for the 'cost of everything, value of nothing' team to be shown the door!! bu bye, DoUgIe...here's a mini for your troubles...
what do we need to do to accomplish this??

but DoUgIe said that there was no evidence of elites booking away from usairways; he said that our premium passengers are tolerating our mess...he said that we can run a bad airline for a little while???
(i am being sarcastic!)
it is time for the 'cost of everything, value of nothing' team to be shown the door!! bu bye, DoUgIe...here's a mini for your troubles...
what do we need to do to accomplish this??
The figures will start to show. And it will happen fast.

Latest posts