Changing Seats

I don't know guessing at least an hour. I do know sometimes it is easier to change a whole row in coach than just one seat.

Define seats. Cushions? Or the entire frame? With in-seat video or without? I'd guess ~5 minutes per row if you're not changing pitch & having to adjust the overhead PSU's.

AA used to have a time lapse video of changing out seats on an MD80 when they were doing the More Room rollout. They'd do a couple aircraft per night in places like DFW and ORD, so it's not more than an hour or three per airplane depending on the complexity.

Reactions: 1 person
You cant just change one seat, seats come in the exact number needed for each row.

At US the seats were removed, overhauled and replaced when the plane comes in for its heavy check.

Average of three years.

We changed out all the cushions, covers, and seat backs and it took a crew of like 10 at least six hours, and that is not changing the frame.

If BuffaloJoe was asking how long it takes an airline to complete a cabin improvement project, like the installation of new lie-flat seats in the 763s and 772s, then it seemingly takes several years from the announcement until the project begins and then takes several more years to actually replace the seats in the entire fleet.

The question asked in the OP has many different answers, depending on what what was meant by "change seats."

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts