Charging For Liquor?

Fly

Veteran
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Just heard a rumor that United is going to start charging for liquor in economy on international? Confirm, deny?

Fly said:
Just heard a rumor that United is going to start charging for liquor in economy on international? Confirm, deny?
[post="202001"][/post]​

American's been doing it for quite some time now...some passengers have a problem paying $5.00 for beer or wine and I can't say I blame them. Hell, you can get a six pack for the cost of one beer. I wouldn't be surprised if United began charging as well.

Corinth2103 said:
American's been doing it for quite some time now...some passengers have a problem paying $5.00 for beer or wine and I can't say I blame them. Hell, you can get a six pack for the cost of one beer. I wouldn't be surprised if United began charging as well.
[post="202042"][/post]​
I GOT IT>>>I GOT IT>>>>
I know how we can make a BUNDLE of money....we'll have a BYOB section with a surcharge of course and we'll have some ZZ TOP pumping through the PA and some lights, maybe a fire pole and then YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR OUR F/A'S NOT TO STRIP.....I'm telling ya, the money will just be pouring in..... :D

Come on Ronin, you know you want to see? You do know that I'm completely naked under my clothes.

stewardess.jpg

Corinth2103 said:
some passengers have a problem paying $5.00 for beer or wine and I can't say I blame them. Hell, you can get a six pack for the cost of one beer.
[post="202042"][/post]​

These people have probably never stayed in a hotel. If you go to the bar in a hotel or for that mater to you local watering hole you can easily spend $ 5.00 for 1 drink.

Borescope said:
These people have probably never stayed in a hotel. If you go to the bar in a hotel or for that mater to you local watering hole you can easily spend $ 5.00 for 1 drink.
[post="202461"][/post]​

They're flying to/from an overseas location and never stayed in a hotel?

Gimme a break!

They were pissed because since the advent of the 707, no airline was cheeky enough to charge anything for a tiny $0.35 minibottle of alcohol on an overseas flight, let alone $5. Last time they flew there was an open bar and now all of a sudden these *******'* want $5??

FWAAA said:
They're flying to/from an overseas location and never stayed in a hotel?

Gimme a break!

They were pissed because since the advent of the 707, no airline was cheeky enough to charge anything for a tiny $0.35 minibottle of alcohol on an overseas flight, let alone $5. Last time they flew there was an open bar and now all of a sudden these *******'* want $5??
[post="202485"][/post]​
My oh my. Times sure are changing, aren't they. Paying a couple of bucks for an alchoholic beverage-- shocking! There outta be a law!

Yet if airline employees dare to be "pissed" about yet more major pay cuts or the dissolving of their pensions, they are told, "The world has changed! Deal with it! Love it or leave it!"

But charging for an alcoholic drink, which is absolutely ESSENTIAL to air travel, well now THAT'S serious... <_<

Bear96 said:
My oh my. Times sure are changing, aren't they. Paying a couple of bucks for an alchoholic beverage-- shocking! There outta be a law!

Yet if airline employees dare to be "pissed" about yet more major pay cuts or the dissolving of their pensions, they are told, "The world has changed! Deal with it! Love it or leave it!"

But charging for an alcoholic drink, which is absolutely ESSENTIAL to air travel, well now THAT'S serious... <_<
[post="202486"][/post]​

Very true.