Charlie Bryan to the white courtesy phone please......

Steiner

Advanced
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Yer fishin'. All of the EAL folks I work with say it had to be done. Don't think that they don't consider or get asked by others if it was worth it. They also remember very well how the press villified them for refusing to take a fifth round of concessions. Where do you draw the line? How much do you give up? Ooh airplanes, I'll work for free!

...how many of us have said if I only knew then what I know now -- well, Charlie, would you do it the same way??
Does anybody know where this guy is now? I heard he was a golf course groundskeeper. Certainly some journalist has tracked him down for comment on the current airline industry woes. Link anyone?? Thanks.

Poppycock! EA employees could have calculated (and implemented) a better way of doing things. It's called productivity issues. Not concessions. Productivity could mean selling more of your product to justify your high salary.

Those madmen at EA played brinksmanship and were determined to blow each other up.

Now I'd like to read Charlie Bryan on the record. Frank Borman too for that matter.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/9/2002 4:44:09 PM whatkindoffreshhell wrote:

Now I'd like to read Charlie Bryan on the record. Frank Borman too for that matter.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Last I heard the Colonel (and son?) were still selling Fords in Alamogordo.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/9/2002 3:23:46 PM whatkindoffreshhell wrote:

Certainly some journalist has tracked him down for comment on the current airline industry woes. Link anyone?? Thanks.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Methinks you place WAY too much stock in journalistic inquisitiveness, let alone long-term memory. The late '80s are ancient history for most of those guys...