Check This Out

Wow, I thought we were lame for spending so much time on this site. Thats alot of effort for an unpleasant experience with a company.
I'd expect an unpleasant experience of some sort if I showed up at the airport to travel out of the country with no documentation.
US Airways (CCY) does a much better job invoking bad will on its own than stuff like this will. However, those customers who fly us the most rave about the service of our employees.

Had he had a brain (and a “PASSPORTâ€￾) I’m sure his trip would have been more enjoyable.

Thanks for the laugh,
:up: UT

This guys screws up big time by not being prepared and then expects everyone else to shoulder the burden and blame.

I hope he's got a good lawyer. "USAirways" is trademarked. Even if the offshore site with the name is legal, USAirways attorneys can make his life hell by filing suits which he will have to answer.

This is a perfect example of people not taking responsibily for their own actions. This man did not plan properly and now it is U's fault. Why didn't he ask them to hold the flight for him to run to the bank? That's just as stupid as expecting a refund for his p*** poor prior proper planning. If I was going on the vacation of my life, I certainly would have had all my documents ready well in advance.

Take responsibility for your own actions!! I have been preaching that to my son for his whole life. When he got kicked off the school bus for being disrepctful to the bus driver, he had to find an alternate way to school.for two weeks When he got a ticket for speeding, he had to work to pay for it.

What an expensive lesson the Lozano family should have learned. But, Mr. Lozano probably got nothing out of this experience, except sue, sue, sue! It's the American way of life.

Hello, folks. I was invited to this board by Bob. He saw my web site at http://www.usairways.tv

First, let me say: I am a flawed but self-reliant human being who has never before had a significant problem on any airline in 25 years of casual travel.

I am upset with US Airways -- the entity -- because:

1. When I discovered a problem with my travel documents before a recent trip, I made efforts to get help but got stonewalled by US Airways representatives.

2. The US Airways Consumer Affairs Office has so far ignored my complaints.

3. Basic research shows that US Airways employees have been railroaded by management, which does not serve the company nor its customers well.

Regards,
Ray Lozano
http://www.usairways.tv

Hi Ray,

Welcome to our nightmare! :D

I can certainly understand your frustration, sounds like a scene out of the future movie.... National Lampoon's "Caribbean Vacation" . Perhaps you can recoup some of your lost expenses by selling the movie rights.

I'm teasing you a bit, but I do sympathize with you. What a royal pain to go through, not to mention costly. I'm glad you were able to salvage a great vacation and had a good time while you were there.

I've read a few comments about what a poorly prepared traveler you are, etc. There is some truth to those statements but it doesn't capture what I think your main gripe is.

Here's how this U employee would summarize your situation:

1-You screwed up.
2-We didn't care, we let you know we didn't care, and didn't work with you to minimize your losses and inconvenience.
3-You incurred a lot of stress and paid way too much penalty.
4-We've lost you as a future customer and as many people as you can influence.

So who bears the most responsibility here?

I say we do. We are in a service, customer oriented business. Without customers, we can have fun flying our planes around the sky but not for long. The concept should be to serve our customer. In another thread, I mentioned that the prevailing attitude at U seems to me "Who can I blame?" I believe it should be "what is the problem and how can we fix it?". Under the former attitude, it was easy to answer, "That old boy Ray forget his birth certificates, thats not our fault its his... yuk yuk yuk"

You know what? The company won the battle on this with "Ray", but we are losing the war. Any company that doesn't address the concerns of its customers and try to make a win-win situation out of a problem, is short sighted and doomed to failure.

Ray, U is in meltdown right now. Our morale is non existent. The disrespect and apathy you have encountered is what we deal with every day of our lives, magnified many times over. See, we too, are the enemy of this corporate culture. Most employees now hate management, but care about our customers. We are asute enough to recognize you are the people that make our jobs possible.

I suspect you would have been willing to pay a "reasonable" charge to reschedule your tickets. We aren't hauling widgets, we are involved in a people business and people screw up. We all do. This was not a situation that you were trying to exploit or rip off the company. As I see it, you aren't upset that you were unable to board the original flight, but more so at our attitude and inflexibility. I happen to agree with you.

I speak only for myself. I'm embarassed at yet another abuse of our customers. I feel it would be disingenuous to apoligize to you, because I can only speak for myself and obviously I was not involved. But I do think you were treated shabbily.

I hope you are able to obtain some relief. I think the only satisfaction you are going to get, is to publically get it off your chest. I suggest you pull the site and rename it ASAP, because I believe you will be sued, post haste. It's fine to use the net to air your grievances, but do it wisely.

Ray...

Just checked your site again...

Congratulations on obtaining your satisfactory settlement. I didn't think it would take them long to get it down. Technology is a wonderful thing ain't it? ;)

Best regards.

Dilligas,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments -- and the humor.

You summed up the issue perfectly. A business MUST be operated from the viewpoint of the customer. It's the only way to survive.

I hope management recognizes employees like you. A company full of people with spirit like yours can move mountains. I wish you the best.

Sincere regards,
Ray Lozano

raylozano said:
<snip> ...I hope management recognizes employees like you. .. <snip>
Ray,

I literally laughed when I read that line... Ray, if you only KNEW how this company recognizes people. :D :shock: :down: ;)

Thank you for your kind words.

Glad you got some relief, and I hope we can make your next flying experience a joy. You're why we are here.

I second everything that was in the previous post. Ray it is customers like you that keep US going. It is not the management. Management has lost any respect it ever had. Yes we come out here every day & pretend to be happy & do the best we can. It is truely the great employees of US that keep this outfit going.
IT IS NOT DAVE & THE TEAM :down:

Latest posts