Christmas Sick Calls

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
To all US Airways employees.With the holiday pay ruined by the Bankruptcy,I wonder how many people will call in sick Sunday?Those in fleet service get * extra hours pay for working or staying home.I'm off,but to come in like any other day on Xmas,no way on earth!When it was double time ,I use to double out .
I will enjoy the Holiday at home with family.Merry Christmas to all , and let's hope that we can believe in the new management team.A good start would be to fire Crellin,the original Grinch!

Fire Crellin - if ONLY Santa did grant All of my utmost desires. Holidays+ Philadelphia+ alot of pax w/bags= Uncle Al's bald head on the chopping block....."Do it Doug, Do it!" chanted the employees, and YOU will go down in history! Let's start the New Year with a FRESH START :up:

Fire Crellin - if ONLY Santa did grant All of my utmost desires. Holidays+ Philadelphia+ alot of pax w/bags= Uncle Al's bald head on the chopping block....."Do it Doug, Do it!" chanted the employees, and YOU will go down in history! Let's start the New Year with a FRESH START :up:

I Agree Fire him.....And doug will go down in history, just like rudolph.

If Uncle Al gets the BOOT (like right in his sorry a**) I'll lead the Holiday Choir and I'll belt out those holiday tunes from Coast-to-Coast....maybe even a hibernating bear will awaken to "Do You hear what I hear?" :lol:

CRELLIN MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!
I think MarkMyWords should be put in control after all he is the one who was so indignant and completely off the deep end the last several years over people calling off for this sacred holiday. He likens calling off sick to spitting in your Lord's face...it's just isn't done by a "sane" person.

After all of the furor last year I would hope that most folks would wise up and only call off if they are seriously ill.

When you went to work in the airline industry you knew the job required you to work on holidays. So put your big girl panties on and deal with it.

To my mind unless you've severed a limb you'd better have your arse at work on the holiday periods. If for no other reason than to be fair to your co-workers so they don't get stuck covering your shifts.
And tell me Whinny Piney Booby Boy, did they sign up for their pension being stolen, wages hacked to death, benefits slashed to pieces, work rules shoved down their throats in the name of "saving" their jobs, superiors pasting colored bands on their arms like children to be easily identified on being "out of the work area" or the constant and never ending uncertainty and threats piled on top of more threats. You booby boy are in no way qualified to input one word in this world you wrongly believe you know everything about, this is your adopted world and NOT your real place, you didn't live it except here on these boards in dreamland, so butt the hell out!!

Bob I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have no problem working Holidays and weekends........but some of my coworkers feel "oh, but not ME". Airlines are like hospitals (unfortunately in more ways than one)....365days 24/7. When people come to work in the industry, they need to realize this and it will NEVER change. I place the blame on Management and the Unions....holiday pay needs to be offered to EVERY worker working the holiday. If you choose to call off sick- require a doctor's note which should be investigated and unless you are hospitalized your pay will be docked (here's the problem, people that regularly call off don't care) so what needs to be done to hit them harder AND take a Vacation Day!

CRELLIN MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!

Would it be better to just torture him?

He has been blue, wearing a stupid hat... now lets start with some serious stuff, but keep him here.

Bob I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have no problem working Holidays and weekends........but some of my coworkers feel "oh, but not ME". Airlines are like hospitals (unfortunately in more ways than one)....365days 24/7. When people come to work in the industry, they need to realize this and it will NEVER change. I place the blame on Management and the Unions....holiday pay needs to be offered to EVERY worker working the holiday. If you choose to call off sick- require a doctor's note which should be investigated and unless you are hospitalized your pay will be docked (here's the problem, people that regularly call off don't care) so what needs to be done to hit them harder AND take a Vacation Day!

This is why our collective standard of living is going down the toilet and the CEOs are going into the stratosphere. This attitude of a self perceived do gooder makes corporate Americans job of exploiting the American worker even easier thanks to this twisted and diluted way of thinking.

I think MarkMyWords should be put in control after all he is the one who was so indignant and completely off the deep end the last several years over people calling off for this sacred holiday. He likens calling off sick to spitting in your Lord's face...it's just isn't done by a "sane" person.

Curt....

It is the Holiday....so I am going to take the high road.

May your holidays be filled with family, friends and joy. May 2006 bring you happiness. Hopefully Santa will bring you a new hobby for Christmas.

Curt....

It is the Holiday....so I am going to take the high road.

May your holidays be filled with family, friends and joy. May 2006 bring you happiness. Hopefully Santa will bring you a new hobby for Christmas.
I have several hobbies Mark...Amateur radio using Morse code is one of my favorites as I keep in touch with people all over this planet and know what’s REALLY going on, restoring old code keys, reading, photography, but studying the word is the most important and gives me more insight than anywhere else as there is no fantasy there.

People are naturally self centered, it’s a fact and believing otherwise only leads to sorrows and exploitation from this ignorance that is not necessary.

I will not be going away anytime soon Mark so your Christmas wish is just vanity....Merry Christmas---Curt

NO

----------------------------------------------------------
Ok Mr. dough boy with the tough guy act. Little man looking out the window spouting pathetic uninformed advice while kissing up to the executives with employees gossip trying to sure up your identity.

I will NOT wish you a Merry Christmas, you don't deserve it. I know exactly who and what you are.

MODERATOR COMMENT- Stop the name calling and insults.