Citgo Flags at Half Mast

Most fuel stations are franchised so boycotting your local "XYZ" station does nothing to hurt the corporate name. Exxon spilled 11 million or so barrels/gallons (I do not recall which) in Valdez, BP dumped millions in the gulf (both due to corporate negligence). The boycotts id not hurt them either. All you are doing is hurting the franchise owner.

Then there is the fact that the gas come from a limited number of refineries where all the oil goes to get processed. From there it gets shipped all over the country and dispensed to various distribution centers in the cities. There is one I used to pass by every day to work and I lost count of the different truck vendors I saw coming out of there.

Then there is the fact that Venezuela is the 2nd largest exporter of oil to the US (right behind Saudi Arabia).

So boycott all you like if it floats your boat but realize that you are using Hugo's oil every time you drive your car regardless of where you fill up.

Reactions: 2 people
If boycotting Citco and Valero is the only way for me to voice my opinion, so be it ! Maybe the franchise owner should find a new franchise !