CLT Airport Expansion

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
About 6 or 7 months ago one of our colleagues posted a diagram of the new CLT Airport Terminal Expansion plan that depicts the new West terminal. If anybody has the picture can you post it on the message board?

In addition, if anybody knows where the picture is located on this forum could you provide a hyperlink to the page?

Thanks.

USA320pilot

Whats being expanded? Hopefully the Customs area as I've heard that the CBP folks get quickly overwhelmed by passengers.

I guess other than that, the Express area has the feel of a rat maze....

About 6 or 7 months ago one of our colleagues posted a diagram of the new CLT Airport Terminal Expansion plan that depicts the new West terminal. If anybody has the picture can you post it on the message board?

In addition, if anybody knows where the picture is located on this forum could you provide a hyperlink to the page?

Thanks.

USA320pilot

The Wilson Group

Same Diagram - bigger version

mplanview13-1.jpg

isnt that a parking garage??? oh I see now..... looking at the wrong picture.... I guess there will be some sort of subway system like in TPA and MCO??????
I think there is just walkways, but the express gate plan is nothing like what really is.

Word from the CLT airport folks is construction on the new International Terminal is set to begin sometime in 2010. I have heard they are waiting on the new runway to be completed.

Looks like the ramp smoking room at the end of B will lose their window to the world (unless it hasn’t been covered up with Photoshop pics by know, LOL).

This post is double ROT-13 encrypted to abate the snoops in Tempe.

Never I say . we will fight to the death for that little closet we call the smoke room where everyone

knows your name. At one time was ranked one of the coolest smoke rooms on the system . that

was a few years ago. Had many a smoke in there .