CLT Crew News

Pi brat

Veteran
Jan 25, 2007
I hope the moderators will indulge me with this. It is crew related, but many people watch the videos.

On the latest crew news in CLT, the subject of our crew being detained in RIO was discussed. Kudos to Captain Bauer(sp?) for taking the time to thank his crew and all the people that helped them with their issue in Rio. That was classy and it sounds like everyone did a good job of dealing with a difficult situation.

I hope the moderators will indulge me with this. It is crew related, but many people watch the videos.

On the latest crew news in CLT, the subject of our crew being detained in RIO was discussed. Kudos to Captain Bauer(sp?) for taking the time to thank his crew and all the people that helped them with their issue in Rio. That was classy and it sounds like everyone did a good job of dealing with a difficult situation.

CRM works!
All those behind the scene were OUTSTANDING
Above & Beyond Exceptional. Kudos all around :D

I am wondering what exactly happen on the ground in PHL that led to the situation ?

I am wondering what exactly happen on the ground in PHL that led to the situation ?
This had nothing to do with PHL ops . This was a CLT-GIG flt . And what happened was that on a flight from CLT-GIG there were 2 Brazilian High profile lawyers who were traveling together. One was put in Envoy ,the other in economy. They apparently were not happy with that .Before departure from CLT they contacted their Brazilian counterparts in GIG and told them what happened to them and files a complaint against USAirways . Once the AC arrived in GIG the crew was detained because of the corrupt ways of the Brazilian government and hey wanted to show their muscle .Plain and simple .it was complete BS but our peeps in OCC and corporate legal stepped up to the plate as well as the crew and got out of the situation .The same thing happened to a IAH based Continental (U N I T E D) crew a few months back . Our crew was detained and questioned for 30 some odd hrs .

so, the Brazilian gov't held crews of US airlines because Brazilian passengers did not get the upgrades they wanted (apparently they didn't pay for Envoy or there wouldn't be a discussion)....?
And the same thing happened to CO?
Sorry, but I have never heard of detaining crews for these kinds of reasons....
can you shed a llttle more light on how this was resolved.... ? This is quite fascinating to hear.....
Can anyone cite other instances in other countries or with other airlines where tihs type of thing has happened?

so, the Brazilian gov't held crews of US airlines because Brazilian passengers did not get the upgrades they wanted (apparently they didn't pay for Envoy or there wouldn't be a discussion)....?
And the same thing happened to CO?
Sorry, but I have never heard of detaining crews for these kinds of reasons....
can you shed a llttle more light on how this was resolved.... ? This is quite fascinating to hear.....
Can anyone cite other instances in other countries or with other airlines where tihs type of thing has happened?

My Buddy flys for CAL and flys RIO.
He said a similar thing recently happened to CAL

What amazes me is that Doug had no clue about this. Does he not get briefed about what is going on with the operation every morning? Why was this kept from him and why must he find out about it at a crew news session? Isom apparently knew about it .Why didn't he brief Parker just to keep him in the loop. It made him look clue less. It was embarrasing . I swear this airline is ran by a bunch of Morons .

What amazes me is that Doug had no clue about this. Does he not get briefed about what is going on with the operation every morning? Why was this kept from him and why must he find out about it at a crew news session? Isom apparently knew about it .Why didn't he brief Parker just to keep him in the loop. It made him look clue less. It was embarrasing . I swear this airline is ran by a bunch of Morons .

Could not agree with you more, etops1. I was also shocked that Doug had no idea that any of this occurred.

I guess if it's beyond the spreadsheets or the stock price, the CEO of the airline really doesn't give a damn.

Reactions: 2 people
They apparently were not happy with that .Before departure from CLT they contacted their Brazilian counterparts in GIG and told them what happened to them and files a complaint against USAirways .
Come on etops I thought you were a insider
Give us some scoop on SK

Yeah. One would think that if the State Department and the US Embassy gets involved in a US Airways "situation," the CEO would find out before he gets in front of a video camera to answer questions That had to be very embarrassing. I'll bet cool, calm, collected Doug reamed someone a new one over that.