CLT fleet to PHX

LD3

Veteran
Oct 16, 2003
CLT
Visit site
Some of CLT fleet have been sent to PHX to help them data capture baggage info and give them computer support.

Leave yesterday gave them 4.5 hrs pay for flying.
Today go to PHX airport ops to get SIDA badge, had to take a driving and/or SIDA test on PHX ops, got 4.5 hrs pay.
Tomorrow get a PHX tour and lunch, get 4.5 hrs pay.
Work Wed - Fri, fly home Sat.

Everyone had to give the Hilton a credit card, some guys said their cards are already being charged for the rooms...What a money maker that was..lose 10.5 hrs for helping out....

Everyone had to give the Hilton a credit card, some guys said their cards are already being charged for the rooms...What a money maker that was..lose 10.5 hrs for helping out....

Let me make sure i'm understanding this......US Airways sent members of the CLT Fleet Service Agents to PHX to help out the guys there and US is making them pay for their own rooms while on a company trip?

Let me make sure i'm understanding this......US Airways sent members of the CLT Fleet Service Agents to PHX to help out the guys there and US is making them pay for their own rooms while on a company trip?

As someone now in the event and meeting planning world, this happens a lot and is a hotel error. I would like to think US Airways set up an account with the hotel to cover room and tax charges -- the volunteers should have been asked to leave a credit card for their incidentals only. The high school kid manning the front desk probably made a mistake...

As someone now in the event and meeting planning world, this happens a lot and is a hotel error. I would like to think US Airways set up an account with the hotel to cover room and tax charges -- the volunteers should have been asked to leave a credit card for their incidentals only. The high school kid manning the front desk probably made a mistake...
I agree I am sure it is a mistake, I hope these guys challenge the hotel front desk to clear this up..and charge for incidentals only...

Both Fleet Service and Cust Service from LGA where going to PHX but a few days ago there trips where cancelled and where told it was a PHX SIDA Badging issue. I was asked over a month ago to assist JFK OPS with the cutover but I was told today I was not needed, but Thanks Anyway. The one gentleman I have met from JFK Ops seems to have had a lot of training and I personally believe this will be a much smoother transition than Sabre Res to Shares was.

And for any west ops agents reading this once this transistion is complete and you are comfortable with Sabre Decs I think and hope most of you will be happy. It is a very detailed system and you will have access to a lot more helpful infomation than with mapper.

Good Luck to all those effected on Wednesday.

Regards

LGA777

In what I consider a positive sign for the West DECS cutover tommorow (9-26) today at work much of the West information was already working in DECS such as Flifo, aircraft routing, MTC updates on West aircraft, RGG's all working fine.

LGA777

I'll bet those that traveled will have to pay for their rooms on their credit card and then come back and file an expense report. Then the charges will be reimbursed.

It's pretty standard. If you are not an admin employee or above you will either have to expense your stay (pay for it and then expense report it) or your department manager may have have also arranged a way for you to request an advance of money to be given to you to pay up front. It's just the way accounting has been handling merger related expenses..tight control. Make certain your manager gives you detailed information on how to complete your expense report.

It's pretty standard. If you are not an admin employee or above you will either have to expense your stay (pay for it and then expense report it) or your department manager may have have also arranged a way for you to request an advance of money to be given to you to pay up front. It's just the way accounting has been handling merger related expenses..tight control. Make certain your manager gives you detailed information on how to complete your expense report.

The only thing that the employees were told is that they would get their per diem on their next check, nothing about fronting the hotel costs. The hotel that some of them are staying at is one of the low end Hiltons, no bar (Piney, for some reason you came to mind :p ) or restuarant, so the PHX mgr has arranged for buses to take them to the Radisson (sp) for happy hour and food and will make sure they get payed 8 hours for their first two days of admin duties.

So anyone know how things went on Day 1 ? As I don't think US made the National news must not have been that bad ?

Thanks in advance for intelligent replies.

LGA777

The employee must secure incidental charges with their own credit card. If this is a training excersise than the rooms are paid for and the employee coveres incidental charges and if work related, expenses them. My mistake PB, didn't read the post very well. There are some cases that involve special assigments when things are handled differently. An employee is always entitled to cash advance if it's needed with hotel billing.

I'll bet those that traveled will have to pay for their rooms on their credit card and then come back and file an expense report. Then the charges will be reimbursed.
yeah and itll be on your paycheck included as your "salary" so they take taxe out....what a crock

Okay gang, I'm out here in PHX for the DECS cutover. Lets get some facts correct. We are staying at the Courtyard by the airport, nice hotel no bar or evening food but the Hilton is behind the hotel and is a 30 second walk out the back door. There is nothing really by the hotel but I didn't come out here to sit in a hotel room. Monday and Tuesday was paid for eight hours each day. when checking into any hotel you need to give a credit card even if the room is prepaid. Credit card were not charged , debit card were given and money was held on the card and has now been released. The hotel has run us around where we have needed to go with out a problem. Everyone out here has done a great job training everyone and the cutover went off with a few minor problems but that was it. Dale Salisbury and his group have been extreamly gracious and should be commended for their efforts. So thats the story because I'm here and I'm sticking to it.

Latest posts