CLUES INDICATIVE TO AN UPCOMING MERGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

l8rd8r

Senior
Oct 21, 2005
I remember things started materializing before the anouncement of the merger with USAirways and AWA. We had similar aircraft and such but out of nowhere the company gives us the ETB (which AWA used) to make our miserable life easier. Now it seems that the same thing is starting like the alignment with UA free milage going from 25,000 to 30,000 (days after we recieve the new 25,000 mile announcement). Fidelity buying UA and USair stock.
What other things have you heard or seen that leads to the UA/US/AWA/CO merger. One disturbing re-occuring talk is DoUgIe leaving the west, but maybe heading up the East US/UA merger. Sounds like the mgmt from UA doesn't want the job and thinks DP's the cats meow. Any others?

Of course it is but, form a stockholders point of veiw its makin money and he (DP) is HOT. Any clues that lead to a merger? Dish em!

Of course it is but, form a stockholders point of veiw its makin money and he (DP) is HOT. Any clues that lead to a merger? Dish em!

Before the United USAir Merger attempt United shelled out huge bucks to get the contract settled with United pilots. At the time, USAir pilot contratct was based on United pay + 1%, so USAir pilots got a huge pay raise too. Both airlines paid dearly to quickly settle the contracts to get on with the merger atttempt. Of course all of those pay raises disappeared very quickly.

So long story short.. If USAir now starts to through huge sums of money at the pilots to get the contract passed you should suspect a merger is being held up by the contract uncertainty (and the Nic Award), and that they want it settled fast.

Pilots should also assume that all gains will quickly evaporte just like they did before.

Well imo this one is screwed up.

Sure it is because they had no intention of actually getting things "merged", just get things close enough so they look like they're merging and muddle through until we can get the final big one done. No need to spend money to get this one in order when everythings going to change again anyway, right?

We should here something by the end of the month if not the 21st, U and UAL, AWA and CO and the shuttle is going to AA. Thats the best one going around now!!!!!!!

We should here something by the end of the month if not the 21st, U and UAL, AWA and CO and the shuttle is going to AA. Thats the best one going around now!!!!!!!
AWA and CO?!?!?!?
that is like comparing skybus to singapore airlines.

Shuttle to Virgin America, they will eventually use the gates for growth in domestic flying and absolve the shuttle business.

My friends at CO stay they want the PHX operation why I don't know A-WEST is a money loser. UAL also had something on their code-a phone the other day about minimum blocks hours which was never finished after they came out of bankruptcy, timing was kind of interesting.

Shuttle to Virgin America, they will eventually use the gates for growth in domestic flying and absolve the shuttle business.
Shuttle will go to AA, I think they will be the one that will oppose this the most, I think Virgin is to small of a player at this time but you never know.

if this is true, those poor, poor westies
I also think IF this happens it's going to be the poor easties, they will wish they had the Nicolau award, intstead of have 1500 ahead of you on the list now it will be around 8000. It's gonna suck either way.

Shuttle will go to AA, I think they will be the one that will oppose this the most, I think Virgin is to small of a player at this time but you never know.
Why would the Shuttle go to AA? I'm sure that would be something UA would want to keep. Now DCA and IAD.. that's where you run into problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts