Clusterf*ck'd Day to be flying!

YVINTERN

Veteran
Jun 28, 2007
The Potomac
Visit site
I would not want to be on a flight through Charlotte Today. Heard from several Mesa employees at CLT regarding massive delays at both Express & Mainline...work shortage on the ramps and too many bags on the belt that it would not RUN at all...High 90s into low 100s temperature as well... I feel for those Mainline guys throwin the bags :(

US has to start considering dehubbing PHL & CLT...too many flights are being cancelled at PHL and CLT tonight. :down:

*coughs* PIT *coughs*

According to news on TV, PHL is averaging 2 -2 1/2 hour delays. One Runway shut down due to line painting and weather moving thru. Why can't they paint them overnight? Even Penn Dot can manage to do that. And that's pathetic.

*coughs* PIT *coughs*

Thanks for your vote, but Tempe is having their cronies get ready to downgrade Express employees and layoff Mainline employees, or some other mysterious combination which they have not revealed yet. All in the name of saving money.

For whom is an even bigger mystery. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your vote, but Tempe is having their cronies get ready to downgrade Express employees and layoff Mainline employees, or some other mysterious combination which they have not revealed yet. All in the name of saving money.

For whom is an even bigger mystery. :rolleyes:

If it's to build a "vechicle" to buy someone out or to dump this poor excuse of an operation on someone else...I would certainly not be shocked.

Now if it was to put more lipstick on Dougweiser at a drunken frat kegger at ASU...I would still not be shocked at all...

I think we employees & ex-employees should try to buy the US East Operation and get our airline back!

If it's to build a "vechicle" to buy someone out or to dump this poor excuse of an operation on someone else...I would certainly not be shocked.

Nope, because Tempe doesn't know how to do either.

Now if it was to put more lipstick on Dougweiser at a drunken frat kegger at ASU...I would still not be shocked at all...

Most likely answer, and for that you get a Prince of PAWOBs T-Shirt.

I think we employees & ex-employees should try to buy the US East Operation and get our airline back!

How much apiece? I'm willing to chip in as long as I get to actually enjoy a vacation at some point after we buy it.

How about customers? I'd pitch in.....do I get a t-shirt too Prince??

Customers would be allowed to pitch in ;)...I figure they would get a good % of the ownership...and I'd turn this so called leveraged buyout into a private company...

but we know "Talk is Cheap" and "Fists make DP run away"

Yeah, you do.......holy $#!+, what a great idea!

How about we sell the T-Shirt, and the proceeds go to buying back the stock for the new PAWOB Holding Company, LLC.

Then we dump the booze and fix the airline one step at a time.

Sure we could Prince, and we could put DP's face on several products...like a punching bag...sticker of DP and Skooter to adhere to urinals and toilets on the aircraft we acquire in the buy out...let's see what else I could whip up...a 5% discount for non Ma & Pa Kettles...

:up: :up: :up:

Yes Sir...so Prince...daresay would getting t-shirts improve the on time performance at Pittsburgh, Charlotte, or Philadelphia? Hmm

Why yes, YVINTERN! I think it's ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that the ON TIME PERFORMANCE at the stations mentioned above could be VASTLY IMPROVED by the use of APPAREL BY PROXY.

(Is that any better? Let me know. I think I'm returning to the topic.)

The possibility of an employee purchase of the airline in order to return US to a profitable, on-time airline would be fantastic, but the are several posters here who have much better insight into similar past attempts for employees to regain control of their destiny (i.e. United).
They are welcome to post their input, because I learn a lot more from those who have been there in the past.

It may have been Warren Buffett who said,

"Want to make a million dollars in the airline industry? Start with two million dollars."

... or something to that effect.

The people who loved flying and aviation are not the ones making decisions now, the game now is run by mba wonder boys who never got their hands dirty or broke a sweat, human capital is to be exploited not developed, and the focus is short term thinking on the next big deal.

Employees be damned. Outsource everything you can to lowest bidder. Grab the options and bonuses as quick as you can and move on to the next company to pillage.

I guess it's a micro-economics view of the decline of America and the planned destruction of the middle class... we have no statesman in politics, no leaders, just actors and sound bite manipulators, we live in an empty cult of personality and fluff, no substance or character to our "leaders". Just as we at U have no leadership, just a smooth talking deceiver. It really is a damn shame, this could have been a good merger.

We are spiraling downward in a race to the bottom of the barrel and its gonna be real, real ugly.

Rant off,

D :eek: