Coalition For Union Democracy

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
To all Local 567 members:

Elections are here again as evidenced by numerous sightings of union officials on the floor. Currently, of the four Local 567 Officers, one half (Grant, Kirk) gained their position by appointment and our Local President (Lorenzi) was assigned under the by-laws. Also, of the four Executive Board positions, one half gained their position by appointment. (Pike, Schissler) That’s right! A majority of these current positions in our Local were not elected by the rank and file. This is how out-of-control things have gotten in our Local.

We have all witnessed the turmoil within the Leadership of our Local. This turmoil was created by a select few individuals vying for control of our local union. We have witnessed this select few, or “cliqueâ€, execute an ongoing program of attempting to inflict political harm upon elected individuals that they see as nonconformist to their program, a program of built-in perks under the guise of doing the job of unionism…a sort of Club TWU.

This push for control culminated in April of this year with the bogus removal of our duly elected President and Recording Secretary (Peterson, Maranto). With these two officers removed no more of Club TWU’s “dirty little secrets†would escape to the floor and they now enjoy a voting majority in the affairs of our Local. Club TWU not only removed these two officers but also placed a prohibition upon them attempting to prevent them from running in the current election. Unfortunately for Club TWU, the TWU International instructed them to willfully remove the prohibition or face the International or the Department Of Labor overturning the election.

Rest assure that the day to day activities of these people have not gone unnoticed. We all know the program. Become a steward or get on a committee, support the Club, become a member of the Club, and presto they disappear from their work unit as if they have fallen into some mysterious abyss. Maybe they’ll get the next Club TWU appointment or support in an election to replace another nonconformist.

Club TWU is now attempting to legitimize their handpicked appointments via your vote in this election and slide more club members into higher positions in our Local for total control. In their campaign flyer Club TWU claims they are “The Labor Campaign†but the fact is electing this slate will be a “Labor Catastropheâ€. In their campaign flyer they point out that the membership has suffered in the past by not electing a compatible or cohesive group.

Perhaps Club TWU has it backwards as to who works for whom. Claiming we, the membership, have suffered because “we†have not provided a compatible group reeks of arrogance indeed. We, the membership, expect our elected representatives to maintain the membership’s interests at all times regardless of compatibility or personality issues and insisting that we elect a bunch of “yes men†for their club and then claim we have a compatible or cohesive group isn’t the fix. Fixing the problem requires removing the obstacles to democracy. Fixing the problem requires electing people who can engage in adult-like debate, accept dissenting opinion, and stand by the majority rule outcome, understanding that under the “majority ruleâ€, they may not always get their way.

We ask that you not be fooled by the experience listed for candidates in Club TWU’s “Labor Campaign†literature. As you begin to strip-the-veneer from their candidates the truth is easy to see. Consider some examples:

Club TWU candidate for President Rick Grant

Mr. Grant can’t even get elected as shop steward in his own work unit. Despite Club TWU’s experience cited for Mr. Grant he can’t even muster enough support with the people he works with every day to hold down a shop steward’s position in his own work unit. He received two votes for shop steward in his work unit and one vote was his! Why? This should give cause for a major “red flag†and this is the guy they’ve chosen for the top job.

Club TWU candidate for Recording Secretary Kevin Milone

Mr. Milone has longed for the position of Recording Secretary since he was beat 2-1 by Judy Maranto in the 2001 election. While the scheme earlier this year to remove President Peterson and Recording Secretary Maranto was the brainchild of Matt Lorenzi, Kevin Milone backed him up all the way demonstrating his loyalty to the club to synch Club TWU support for the office of Recording Secretary. Mr. Milone voted in favor of accepting the bogus charges against Peterson and Maranto, voted in favor of their suspension, voted in favor of removing them from office, and voted in favor of prohibiting them from running in this election. Mr. Milone is not interested in another 2-1 defeat by Judy Maranto and was counting on her being out of the way doing everything in his power as a voting member of the Board to attempt to make that a reality. Kevin Milone nearly managed to get himself on the ballot unopposed for the office of Recording Secretary.

Club TWU candidate for Executive Board Rob Morgan

It’s no secret Mr. Morgan was terminated by American for time-card-fraud because he was caught fishing on company time. Fishing on company time!!! How many of you engage In this kind of behavior? We are not particularly interested in the pedestal Club TWU is attempting to place Mr. Morgan upon citing his “proven advocacy†for the membership, we just want to know if Mr. Morgan will be inclined to go fishing on our time? Does Mr. Morgan really possess the kind of character you want representing your interests in front of the company?

Club TWU candidate for Executive Board Kenneth Powell

Mr. Powell’s infamous demonstration of his absolute lack of self-control at a monthly shop stewards meeting is inexcusable! While Club TWU makes big plans for Mr. Powell on the Executive Board, rank & file members of the TEO and Structures buildings, of which he presides as Chief Steward and who know him best, are making their plans for his replacement in the upcoming Chief Stewards election. They no longer want him representing their interests and neither do you. The list goes on and on but these four examples should give rise to concern regarding the Club TWU candidates.

In reading Club TWU’s “Labor Campaign†literature it’s clear they have staked their campaign solely on hyped-up experience. You can read of Bob Kirk’s “extensive analytical skills†or Matt Lorenzi’s experience as “Lead Counsel†a title rightfully reserved for persons certified in the practice of law of which he is not , however, his opponent Tony Acosta is. Take notice as you read their flyer. Take notice of the absence of the word “INTEGRITYâ€. You will not find one reference to this most important of all qualifications and perhaps there is good reason for that omission. Experience without integrity and credibility is worthless!

This Club TWU nonsense has to be stopped and you can make that happen. Attached are your options for the various Local 567 positions. We have taken the liberty in pointing out the best choices for the task of breaking up Club TWU. Making the necessary choices isn’t about any hidden agenda. Our agenda is clear: remove those who have damaged our interests through their self-serving agendas and block those seeking office who have demonstrated the potential for more of the same. We have coined the following phrase for this election year in our efforts to empower the membership: On The Floor In 2004 and that’s just where some of these people need to be.

Unlike Club TWU’s “Labor Campaign†our coalition is independent of the candidates we have selected. They are chosen based on our On The Floor In 2004 objective. Think of it as a sort of “house cleaning†if you will. Make no mistake about it Club TWU is counting on a low voter turnout in this election due to membership apathy to secure their positions so we urge you to make your voice heard. We urge you to not allow apathy to become the enemy of democracy. We urge you to join with our coalition and vote to put our Local back in the hands of our membership. In times past this Local membership has demonstrated their willingness to participate in the appropriate measures to make a difference and that time is again upon us. Vote in this all important election year and vote to put Club TWU On The Floor In 2004.

Collectively one voice with one result
Coalition For Union Democracy

Are you advocating block voting Dave? Earlier you did not believe in this kind of stance?

This was posted on your site and had no response to date. I believe I seen simulair kind of stuff coming out during the last elections in AFW!

The ultimate decisions will come from the membership!

Checking it Out said:
Are you advocating block voting Dave? Earlier you did not believe in this kind of stance?

This was posted on your site and had no response to date. I believe I seen simulair kind of stuff coming out during the last elections in AFW!

The ultimate decisions will come from the membership!
Why is "informing" considered "advocating"?

You are so full of ####, you must be on some wicked pain killers.

Decision 2004 said:

Why is it when I see Davie post all I think of is jello? I know...it must be spineless. Whaaaaaaa Davie....hey man...ya got Dan the man cutting your yard to earn extra $$$.....HAHAHAHA!...powerful AMFA lawyers...yeah right.

Nightwatch said:
Why is it when I see Davie post all I think of is jello? I know...it must be spineless. Whaaaaaaa Davie....hey man...ya got Dan the man cutting your yard to earn extra $$$.....HAHAHAHA!...powerful AMFA lawyers...yeah right.
What is that smell? Oh its earl comin' up for air again. I know Dan likes pushing you around earl. Seen him do it a couple times. HAHAHA!!!!

Got any more of your twisted man loves for us? Any of Art lewby in earl's basement bondage?

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!!

Hackman said:
What is that smell? Oh its earl comin' up for air again. I know Dan likes pushing you around earl. Seen him do it a couple times. HAHAHA!!!!

Got any more of your twisted man loves for us? Any of Art lewby in earl's basement bondage?

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!!
The only thing of Dan's that ever touched Connell was his big belly, so tell me Fester, what did you see and where did you see it? Or are you another AMFA common liar, huh tough guy....HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hackett=
fester2.jpg

Hmmmm..that could be Hackett or Cunningham...brothers of leather and all...HAHAHA!...Hey Fester...you and Dan ever show each other your tatoos?...whhooohoooo....HAHAHA!

Where are the local 514 ballot counts??? After polling members in a few shops I believe somewhere around 75% of the local voted on E-Board and Local officers. Where are the numbers???

Decision 2004 said:

The biggest one of all................(see below)

Hey Dave, did Delle help you guys write that?????? Seham, McCormick????? Block vote.........now there's a solution!!!!!

Attachments

• p_cry.jpg
    p_cry.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 111
Rusty said:
Where are the local 514 ballot counts??? After polling members in a few shops I believe somewhere around 75% of the local voted on E-Board and Local officers. Where are the numbers???
Oh yes, by all means the numbers. Then we can see that there was an organized effert to block vote, despite the denials!!!!! Bring on the numbers!!!!!!

Oh and Rusty, do you mean that from being in "few shops" that you have come up with the number as "75%" of the membership voted??????? Wow!! that's impressive!!!! You're good!!!!

twuer said:
Oh yes, by all means the numbers. Then we can see that there was an organized effert to block vote, despite the denials!!!!! Bring on the numbers!!!!!!

Oh and Rusty, do you mean that from being in "few shops" that you have come up with the number as "75%" of the membership voted??????? Wow!! that's impressive!!!! You're good!!!!
Yes the 3/4 of the membership is just my guesstimate but, there was a huge amount of never voted before people that voted on local officers and E-Board members. Most all said they voted out incumbent office holders including twu voters yet there was very little change. I find it interesting to say the least. One of the E-Board members was a first time shop steward that has only been in one other shop since he started working here. During his term, 75% of the members in that shop signed a petition to have him removed. Local officers decided they wanted him to stay as a shop steward anyway and now he is elected to an E-Board position??? I ain't not buyin it! That shop is not even close to being a predominate AMFA shop. One of the election comedy members has been very friendly with him for a long time, perhaps that has something to do with it.

So twuer, when are the numbers going to be published??? Yes it will be very interesting, personally those that where put in those positions are not the ones I saw on this and other boards voted for. There was only one incumbent that I saw advocated and he did not win, the rest were insurgents. I find it hard to believe even twu supporters wanted most of the incumbent E-board and officers to remain and I would like to see the numbers. Once more, WHEN ARE THE NUMBERS GOING TO BE DISTRIBUTED???

Oh by the way, will the twu advocate a block vote in the upcoming presidential election and if so, is that unethical or a normal thing??? Just curious about a hypocritical situation!

Name: Lazarus
Email: silence is golden
Employer: NWA??
Station: Riding the high hard one!
Date: Friday July 16, 2004
Time: 08:53:47 AM

Comments
How about a post from the AMFA insiders to let us know just what the hell is going on with the 150. The democratic union is not keeping us informed, we all know who's dragging their feet, what's the problem, even a small fish like myself could solve this one. Its all about the SENIORITY!! We don't want wannabe lawyer talk just the facts. I can only imagine the families just hanging on by their fingers hoping their one of the lucky ones. Winter isn't too far off. How bout trying to representing us as you promised and keeping us informed on a daily basis. The silence is deafening and its beginning to stink of ineptness!!! The association is getting paid well for this lack of truth, now spill the beans and don't drop some crap on us at the last minute. What is the Co. saying or not saying, this thing is reeking of wheeling and dealing. Both parties had months to figure the outcome and how it would be done, now their acting as if there's no plan! Neither of the two groups responsible for the implementation of Witts decision seem to know how to do it??? PATHETIC!......We may have been better off dumping all organized labor at the tech level 3 years ago. So far 1/2 of us are out of a job! Delta the non union carrier hasn't treated their people as shabby...its tru its tru its oh so tru!

Team Twu is a bunch of pitiful losers and more people see it every day. You guys were so focused on showing the AMFA guys that you could control your election that you pissed of the rest of your supporters. Thanks guys we didn't need your help campaigning but we appreciate it. TWUER you know we have people all over the base who have gotten a good idea of the percentage of the votes. Why don't you go try it instead of giving your uninformed opinion? The people out on the dock would love to talk to you about it plus it would be good for you to get out of the boiler room Rick. NO VOTE :angry: NO PEACE!!!!!

James T. Kirk said:
Name: Lazarus
Email: silence is golden
Employer: NWA??
Station: Riding the high hard one!
Date: Friday July 16, 2004
Time: 08:53:47 AM

Comments
How about a post from the AMFA insiders to let us know just what the hell is going on with the 150. The democratic union is not keeping us informed, we all know who's dragging their feet, what's the problem, even a small fish like myself could solve this one. Its all about the SENIORITY!!
This guy has time to post on the web but not to go to his own locals web site to find out updates on this issue. Maybe he doesn't need to be working on aircraft.

You know anytime an arbitrator gets involved it takes forever for them to make a decision. No matter what union is there you can't rush them to do anything. The major part the union plays is in the information process. AMFA has already won FM2 and NW has to rehire 150 Mechanics at first then the times of the rest of the recalls are being determined by the arbitrator. If he and yourself would have read the ruling then you would know that information. Then again, you could be lying about this to get attention, but you would not do that would you (sarcasm).