Code 13 Removal

Garfield1966

Veteran
Apr 7, 2003
Texas
This was just classic.

A few days ago I was coming home from LAX to DFW and our flight had a mechanical. We were about 45 min or so out of LAX when the pilot had to shut down an engine. There was no drama, no smoke, no bump …. Nada, zip, zilch zero. Had the pilot not come on and told us we would have never known. No one on the flight panicked. No one screamed, cried or had any other trauma. We landed with out incident. No screeching breaks, no fire, no smoke, nothing, zilch, zip nada. There was a plane waiting for us. It just needed to be gassed up, catered, luggage transferred and we were off. Simple right? Damned if the cabin crew did not claim trauma and get pulled off. Apparently the cockpit was not scared. But then again, they were not LAX based. Bet you can’t guess where the cabin crew was based? So, due to the 3 num nutz that did not feel like flying that day, 3 of your fellow flight attendants were reassigned off of a in bound trans con (they were exhausted by the way) and about 120 passengers were delayed an additional 2 hours or so. Nice job. I was so proud to work for AA at that moment I could have puked. They got a 3fer. They got off work, pissed off the passengers and screwed over their fellow employees all at the same time. All I can say is I hope it happens to them one day.

Garfield1966 said:
This was just classic.

A few days ago I was coming home from LAX to DFW and our flight had a mechanical. We were about 45 min or so out of LAX when the pilot had to shut down an engine. There was no drama, no smoke, no bump …. Nada, zip, zilch zero. Had the pilot not come on and told us we would have never known. No one on the flight panicked. No one screamed, cried or had any other trauma. We landed with out incident. No screeching breaks, no fire, no smoke, nothing, zilch, zip nada. There was a plane waiting for us. It just needed to be gassed up, catered, luggage transferred and we were off. Simple right? Damned if the cabin crew did not claim trauma and get pulled off. Apparently the cockpit was not scared. But then again, they were not LAX based. Bet you can’t guess where the cabin crew was based? So, due to the 3 num nutz that did not feel like flying that day, 3 of your fellow flight attendants were reassigned off of a in bound trans con (they were exhausted by the way) and about 120 passengers were delayed an additional 2 hours or so. Nice job. I was so proud to work for AA at that moment I could have puked. They got a 3fer. They got off work, pissed off the passengers and screwed over their fellow employees all at the same time. All I can say is I hope it happens to them one day.
[post="237461"][/post]​

OK, here we go again.

Bad, bad flight attendants.

Off your meds again? :down:

Aren't flight attendants there for safety?

I have been on a flight with an engine shut down. Garfield is correct when saying had not the pilot stated what was going on, he wouldn't have known.

So if the flight attendants are going to claim traumatization over a non traumatic event, then help us all in a more serious event.

Never said anything about "all" FA's. Just mentioned these three. I spoke with numerous FA's over the holidays that did their job and who I am happy to call fellow employees.

My point is that here were 3 FA's who took advantage of a loop hole in the system to get out of doing their job. In the process, they screwed over 120 passengers and 3 of their fellow employees. I wonder what their response would be. Do you think they would have been happy about having their day extended Straight? I seriously doubt it given the reason. I know I would have been pi$$ed.

As Hope said, they are their for our "safety". If they cannot handle a simple engine shut down then perhaps they need to seek a safer line of work. These are simply 3 individuals out of a work group. Yes there are more like them but there are schedulers who should not be scheduling, pilots who should not be flying, bag handlers who should not be on the line, managers who should not be managing. We need to stop accepting their behavior. If I see someone screwing up, I bring it to their attention, if they do it again, I bring it to my supervisors attention. Instead of defending their right to screw up, perhaps your time would be better spent coming up with a way to prevent such abuses. Of course, that would not be nearly as much fun as blaming management for al your woes.

Garfield1966 said:
Never said anything about "all" FA's. Just mentioned these three. I spoke with numerous FA's over the holidays that did their job and who I am happy to call fellow employees.

My point is that here were 3 FA's who took advantage of a loop hole in the system to get out of doing their job. In the process, they screwed over 120 passengers and 3 of their fellow employees. I wonder what their response would be. Do you think they would have been happy about having their day extended Straight? I seriously doubt it given the reason. I know I would have been pi$$ed.

As Hope said, they are their for our "safety". If they cannot handle a simple engine shut down then perhaps they need to seek a safer line of work. These are simply 3 individuals out of a work group. Yes there are more like them but there are schedulers who should not be scheduling, pilots who should not be flying, bag handlers who should not be on the line, managers who should not be managing. We need to stop accepting their behavior. If I see someone screwing up, I bring it to their attention, if they do it again, I bring it to my supervisors attention. Instead of defending their right to screw up, perhaps your time would be better spent coming up with a way to prevent such abuses. Of course, that would not be nearly as much fun as blaming management for al your woes.
[post="237562"][/post]​

Nor as much fun for you not having flight attendants to pick on, and chastise, either. :down: :down: :down:

Garfield1966 said:

[post="237562"][/post]​

I am glad that knowing nothing more than what the pilot told the passengers over the PA, is and are judging the situation and crew by. It might be interesting to some, but likely not your know it all self. The info I get from the cockpit is sometimes a bit more graphic and detailed than what he tell the passengers. I get info on what could and might happen given all the possible out comes.

Isn't it great that you can judge peoples behaviors and actions on so little info.

There are many reasons that could have caused them to get off. Not the least of which is a supervisor assessing that they should be removed. PS it has has happened before. You have no idea what has happened to them in the days or weeks prior. But feel free to dredge and judge them soly on this event for which you know so little.

Isn't it nice to be able to complain about a flight that that arrived with out insident. God forbid it had been something worse. But then it would just be something else to trash those f/a's on

It must be great for AA to have someone as awesome as you, who can Tell through a phone line or mental telepathy what is going through a persons head. whether they are sick or not. Whether they are stessed or not. If you do have this incredible power I suggest you use it on your self and see why you feel the need to be such a self serving egotistical over bearing person to all flight attendants (except those on your list who didn't call in sick, over your special days).

Well, considering that my wife and I were chatting with one of the FA's for about 20 in about various topics, laughing and having a grand old time prior to us landing leads me to believe that it was not all that traumatic.

If something on a previous flight gave them reason to believe they were not fit to fly, they should not have been on the flight in the first place. Not sure what something that happened weeks prior to this has any bearing but as I said above, if they were “traumatized†by something else, they should not have been on the aircraft in the first place. Besides, what are the odds of finding 3 separate FA’s who were all traumatized by something a “few days or weeks†prior and have them all on the same flight.

I spoke with flight service and they did not instigate the removal.

Yes, worst case scenario is we drill our selves into the ground. The thing is, it is irrelevant what the “possible†out come could be. What happened on that particular aircraft, that particular night did not warrant a removal. After all, that is what you are trained for right? I always hear that you are there for my safety. Well, if you are there for my safety, then I would think you should be able to deal with the “trauma†of an engine shut down. If that incident caused them trauma, I shudder to think how they would react during an actual emergency. Believing that they scammed the system make me feel much more secure in flying than believing that they were traumatized by a 1 engine landing. The pilots seemed to be able to deal with it alright. After all, they did end up flying us to DFW. Perhaps they are just better trained than the FA’s were huh?

I’m not complaining about the return flight. They were great. They went down the aisle and answered every body’s questions. They were great. They just did not feel like working the rest of the flight. I can’t help but wonder if the 3 MIA FA’s who were reassigned to a 10 ½ hour day after working a trans con would be as understanding as you. They did not look to happy when they walked up to the gate.

When you can explain how the sick list can double during the holidays with people not lying about being sick I’ll listen. Till then, I’ll be talking with the CDC and see if they can determine what could possibly cause this type of epidemic that only affects airline personal during the holidays.

Call me all the names you wish. I have been called far worse by people far better than you.

Oh man......it's been awhile since we've had one of these threads.

I think I'll sit back and watch the fireworks.

main_fireworks_1.jpg

But before I do, I have to say, IMHO, that if the pilots don't feel the need to come off, the fa's shouldn't either. But hey, someone made the decision to remove them, and that's that. I don't like people second guessing the decisions I make, so I won't second guess them.

Ok, when the bell rings, keep your hands up, and come out swinging!!! :up:

Garfield1966,

"What goes around, comes around"

Now, DON'T think for a minute that I put that ol' saying in print, to use AGAINST the 3 F/A's !!!

"That ol' saying" is in print(for the 3 F/A's) for 2 reasons.

(Reason # 2) Take advantage of management, BEFORE they take advantage of you !!!
AND, (This #### IS REALLY FUNNY)

(Reason # 1) Even though the 3 did'nt know that their biggest DETRACTOR from crew sched was onboard, Your nasty comments against F/A's "Came back to bite you in the A$$" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up: :up: :up: :up:

NH/BB's

ps,
We all know that GAR will "break balls even more(if thats possible), when he gets behind that desk/phones again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, if I understand you post correctly. You are not disputing the allegation that the FA’s were lying.

I have a question though. If you were scheduled to work your 8 hours, and a fellow employee “screwed management before they screwed youâ€￾ and you were forced to wok extra hours, you would be ok with that? What if the situation were reversed. You would knowingly screw over one of your fellow workers? The FA’s who were removed knew what was going to happen. You are all right with that? If I were the one who was extended, I would be furious. I would never do that to one of my fellow employees.

Bite me, please. If that’s the worst I get bit I have nothing to worry about. The ones who got bit were the ones who ended up working a 10 ½ hour day. Not to mention the passengers who were delayed for over 5 hours, missed their connections and had to overnight in DFW with out their luggage. Glad to know you are thinking of them. You did not even mention them once. Sad. Very very sad.

You show your true colors here by taking and internal onboard company incident. Posting it on an public Internet messaging board. In an neverending attempt to dehumanize and belittle a group of fellow employees. You are so predictable.

You would think a company like AA would have rules against posting such things, including follow ups with AA management.

Maybe since you are the only one doing such things there are rules, and everyone else follows them. Maybe its just everyone else here as much more class than you. I think its both of those excuse's I made for you.

C'mon, Mikey....

While I don't like seeing dirty laaundry aired in any public forum, you know that had this been something similar where management or the pilots decided to pull a technicality and it had impacted you or another FA, I have no doubts that it would have been posted here as well.

At least there were no specifics, i.e. flight number or date, which would identify who actually did this. That would have definitely crossed the line.

Former ModerAAtor said:
C'mon, Mikey....

While I don't like seeing dirty laaundry aired in any public forum, you know that had this been something similar where management or the pilots decided to pull a technicality and it had impacted you or another FA, I have no doubts that it would have been posted here as well.

At least there were no specifics, i.e. flight number or date, which would identify who actually did this. That would have definitely crossed the line.
[post="238530"][/post]​
Yes, maybe so. But consider the source. Here is a poster who makes a point in nearly every post to belittle the very work group he is assigned to schedule. His contempt of flight crews has never been even remotely hidden.

Had it been any other poster except (flyboy) I may have been more open to a discussion. This thread was never intended to be a discussion merely another way for one person to attempt to make more digs at fellow employees.

Former ModerAAtor said:
[post="238530"][/post]​

Is it really that hard to figure out which LAX to DFW flight landed in an alternate airport, en route, in the time period that Garfield described? I am sure that, in addition to Sabre, the information is available through the FAA data base.

Latest posts