Come on Pilots, help us out! Dinasouric Pilot language of getting paid for 60 hrs even if only wor

sabre

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Get paid for what you work. Free money is a joke so come to your senses and off your high horses and start helping out the 30,000 employees who will still be around for a time.
love,
joesy

Well callgirlindie,[BR]<PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR>. I am amazed that fellow employees are so utterly clueless and callous regarding another area they know little about. Dave Siegel isn't the enemy, you guys are your own worst enemies. Good luck to ya.

I would love to take my fingers off the keyboard, but with 400 on hold and more to come, I don't think I have that particular luxury. Furthermore, I have worked for 22 years with black,white,men,women,straight,homeosexual,and all religious faiths during this time and I take it personally that you would even begin to introuduce predjudice into this quagmire. I feel sorry for you because no matter what happens with the company, you still have to live with yourself.

that, like your spouse will not fly in this day/age...OH wait..I think they may need me to turn a wrench today...cha-ching...$30 please...and no I will not be waiting for the check, and neither should your spouse.

Sabre...

Why bother? Didn't you get this all off your chest with your prior it's better to be a mechanic than a pilot post?

The reserve system is imposed by all airlines to protect critical operations. It's a necessary evil. The let's beat up the pilots dialogue is stale; we all gave, all gave too much, and continue to watch our co-workers get axed at an alarming rate.

I'm sure the company is saving a bunch by furloughing our 14 year pilots. Why add insult to injury? Oh, that's right, it's better to be a mechanic, as you stated, as everyone needs a mechanic. So let it go and move on, as you evidently have far higher aspirations and employment prospects than the pilots you so eagerly disparage.

Takes a narrow-minded person to know another narrow-minded person. Again, being a professional typist, shouldn't you have better keyboard skills?

Sabre Joesy -[BR]Why bash the group that has opened up their wallet more than any other group on the property? Cripe, I have a spouse pilot who would LOVE to fly more. Right now, he flies maybe twice a month because being a reserve is what it says ...in waiting. So, what you're saying is - he should only get paid for the flights he worked and not for the time waiting to be called? How about everytime you take your fingers off the keyboard you don't get paid? I am sure you need to make a living, so do (gasp) pilots.

Ok, once again, lets go over this....

The only pilots who are paid more than what they fly in a month are reserve pilots. Pilots who are assigned a line of flying (approx 80-85% of all pilots) ARE PAID FOR WHAT THEY FLY. Period. Not one penny more. And you had better believe that the company has invested in an entire computer platform (CATS) to accurately track what they fly.

Reserve pilots must be on call approx. 20 days a month. This, in the case of a long call reserve, is 24 hours a day. Short calls are on duty for 15 hours a day. Why are these pilots necessary, you ask? Simple. If you, or I, call off sick from our job, our work is either covered through overtime, or by our co-workers working short. This option is simply not availible for flight operations. Crew members are EXTREMELEY limited on how much overtime they can work and how much rest they are required to have. And I have never seen a flight go out without 2 crewmembers in the cockpit, so working short is not an option (Though nothing would suprise me with this USAirways management team. )

So in order to maintain some semblence of a reliable operation, RSV pilots are required. If you had to be by a phone 24 hours a day, ready to fly up to 4 days away from home at a moments notice, wouldn't you feel like you should be compensated for that? I'm a crew scheduler. I'm the jerk that calls these guys out at 0200 for an 0500 departure. I would not want their life.

Finger pointing and petty jelousies are not going to get USAirways out of its current spiral. The working groups of this company need to examine the real root of the problem.... look to the people who have no clear idea on how to save this company other than eliminating your job or taking your pension.... Dave and his merry band of lackeys.

Damm...I love this...takes my narrow mind off of the big picture.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/26/2002 9:50:38 PM ilg30/7 wrote:
[P]Ok, once again, lets go over this....[BR][BR]The only pilots who are paid more than what they fly in a month are reserve pilots. Pilots who are assigned a line of flying (approx 80-85% of all pilots) ARE PAID FOR WHAT THEY FLY. Period. Not one penny more. And you had better believe that the company has invested in an entire computer platform (CATS) to accurately track what they fly.[BR][BR]Reserve pilots must be on call approx. 20 days a month. This, in the case of a long call reserve, is 24 hours a day. Short calls are on duty for 15 hours a day. Why are these pilots necessary, you ask? Simple. If you, or I, call off sick from our job, our work is either covered through overtime, or by our co-workers working short. This option is simply not availible for flight operations. Crew members are EXTREMELEY limited on how much overtime they can work and how much rest they are required to have. And I have never seen a flight go out without 2 crewmembers in the cockpit, so working short is not an option (Though nothing would suprise me with this USAirways management team. )[BR][BR]So in order to maintain some semblence of a reliable operation, RSV pilots are required. If you had to be by a phone 24 hours a day, ready to fly up to 4 days away from home at a moments notice, wouldn't you feel like you should be compensated for that? I'm a crew scheduler. I'm the jerk that calls these guys out at 0200 for an 0500 departure. I would not want their life.[BR][BR]Finger pointing and petty jelousies are not going to get USAirways out of its current spiral. The working groups of this company need to examine the real root of the problem.... look to the people who have no clear idea on how to save this company other than eliminating your job or taking your pension.... Dave and his merry band of lackeys.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Bravo! Excellent post I agree; however, get the tomato net out.