Commander Fred moving to Eagle

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Bump and roll in the VP ranks... Peggy Sterling is retiring after 40 years, and Dave Campbell is moving from Eagle Tech Ops to replace her in Safety/Environmental.

Now Cleveland's replacing Campbell in Eagle Tech Ops, effective December 1.

Sad to see Peggy leave -- she was excellent to work for... Started out as a flight attendant, and worked her way up to being the GM at JFK in the late 80's, spent a few years at the director level in HDQ, and then was named hub VP at ORD when Jim Gunn retired, took over DFW when Richardi moved to HDQ, and then came over to SSE about five or six years ago.

I must admit that CAPTAIN Fred had a few good ideas when he first came but, the old-line mismanagement got him straightened out rather quickly and convinced him the heathens and pagans would only paint their huts with the powdered milk the company provided.

Carmine Parmesian is gone and Captain Fred is AWOL to Eaglet (according to this) on 1 December - never a dull moment at AMR - let's play musical mis-management.

All that's for sure is the replacement matter will be a non-thinking, slack-jawed cretin with barely enough mental capacity to continue breathing on his/her own making the Mel Brooks character Governor LePetomane from Blazing Saddles look like a Nobel laureate.

FYI - Google Le Petomane or Joseph Pujol. It's shame this guy is dead now as he'd fit right in on the BOD providing the fruits and nuts with endless hours of entertainment - perhaps enough to keep them from wrecking the company any further than they and their pet executives already have.

One can only imagine the reject/misfire we will get next. It just goes on and on. For any of you who care AFW mismanagement is at an all time low in my opinion and I have been there since 1994.

One can only imagine the reject/misfire we will get next. It just goes on and on. For any of you who care AFW mismanagement is at an all time low in my opinion and I have been there since 1994.

Believe me - there's no limit to the depths AMR will go in order to find the scum of the business world to pass off as "management". You may beleive you have the worst but it's just like any number - you might think you have the largest number, but all I need do is add one.

No disrespect intended with the lower rank...

All of Fred's reports now supposedly report to Carmine... He may be invisible, but he's not gone.

It's entirely possible Rock Ridge is better managed than AMR, but unfortunately, there ain't much left of the cast left to come run the place...

Pathetic. Captain Fred accomplished nothing. Conman Romano does nothing but blow smoke and mirrors using industry buzz words he picks up from reading Aviation magazines. And we are depending on these folks to manage our futures and so it still stands that we should prepare ourselves to either exit soon or have a full backup plan in place awaiting failure.

Sad to see Peggy leave -- she was excellent to work for... Started out as a flight attendant, and worked her way up to being the GM at JFK in the late 80's, spent a few years at the director level in HDQ, and then was named hub VP at ORD when Jim Gunn retired, took over DFW when Richardi moved to HDQ, and then came over to SSE about five or six years ago.

That flies in the face of basically every single thing I've ever seen, experienced and/or heard about the woman.

From everything I've seen first hand and heard second-hand from people who have both worked for and with her, she was one of the most horrific, incompetent wastes of life of any executive to ever enter the officer ranks at AMR - and for AMR, that's saying a lot.

According to a multi-decade JFK agent who suffered under her reign, Peggy was run out of JFK because of how hated she was by the rank-and-file and the death threats she was receiving there. Similar story everywhere else she bounced around, including DFW, where a 25-year Ops veteran told me that they used to laugh hysterically about what a complete moron she was. Then they unleashed her on headquarters, where - according to someone quite close to the situation - she was woefully incompetent and systematically set about dismantling many of the extremely successful organizations that she supposedly "lead."

One thing I do know for certain: there are plenty of people at headquarters who are over-the-moon thrilled to see her go.

Sad, sad story.

When she was given the DFW VP job' one of the biggest rumors going around was that she got the job due to the fact that she was white and her husband was African American and DFW was having some serious racial issues at the time' especially on the ramp. I heard it from many CSM's' and whether it's true or not' I have no idea.

If she wasn't missed, it's because she was doing her job and holding people accountable.

If she wasn't missed, it's because she was doing her job and holding people accountable.

Absolutely the opposite. She is so grossly incompetent and personally hated that she actually drove away from the company some of the most talented and critically valuable leaders and employees its ever had. I've seen it very first-hand.

I guess it's an impossibility that any member of management would be incompetent or just basically bad at what he or she does.

I guess it's an impossibility that any member of management would be incompetent or just basically bad at what he or she does.
It's a lot like all the BS polls you read - it all depends on who you ask.

Today, I lose count of how many could fall into that definition, but in the early 90's, the truly incompetent rarely survived with Baker and Crandall. Peg reported to directly to Baker at HDQ, and had a lot of face time with Crandall. They both chose to keep her around, so read into that what you want to.

Today, I lose count of how many could fall into that definition, but in the early 90's, the truly incompetent rarely survived with Baker and Crandall. Peg reported to directly to Baker at HDQ, and had a lot of face time with Crandall. They both chose to keep her around, so read into that what you want to.

It's called having a "godfather" or "godmother"...Just because Baker may have liked her, doesn't mean she was the end-all. You do recall the cushy little job given her daughter, don't you?
In aircraft maintenance, it happens more often than not that someone is made manager, director, and even VP because someone in the higher up category "likes" them.
In a perfect world, the best qualified would ALWAYS get that promotion, but that is not the way.
There are also factors of gender, racial, and even religious consideration and just plain good old fashioned cronyism that automatically qualifies someone for promotion over another.

At AA, I can say from what I've seen here over decades, there have been supervisors and managers and even a director that was well respected and liked by the workers.
But it seems that those types of leaders are not preferred because they are indeed well received by the workers.
I personally know of two members of management who were told point blank to end their life long relationships with some of us mechanics if they wish to progress with the company.

Same goes for the TWU.
As the TWU moves its "favorite sons" into international positions, it is simply a payback for something or other..
No difference in AA management.

You do remember EDSEL, don't you?