Company Loyalty/company Pride

U

UAL_TECH

Pride in your company!!!

This is a two way street and (through life experience) I have had pride in my company. Unfortunately, we are at a new pinnacle in which I have none. We are all being sold ‘down the river’ in pay and benefits and our ‘demise’ is for the good of the ‘Company’. The 'Company' must survive!!!

Why???

Firstly, what is ‘The Company’? Is it some omnipotent benefactor that looks out for the health and welfare of it’s employees? Certainly not!!! The ‘Company’ is a profit making enterprise to make money for investors (in theory) and it’s officers (in fact) ‘no-more/no-less’!!!

Company loyalty is a ‘ploy’ made by the people that ‘have’ in a feeble sociological mantra to appease the people that ‘have-not’!

If you are willing to buy into this sociological ploy, then too bad for you. The pathological adherence to this sociological attack on your ignorance has been well thought out and proven by the ignorant acceptance of this manipulative hypothesis.

‘Pride’ is what corporate America uses to extract your blood from you and make you ‘feel’ good about it.

Like the old adage ‘Money is not everything!’ which was probably created by those that ‘have’ to appease those that ‘have-not’.

Money is not everything if you have enough of it ;-)

JMHO........

Take Care,
B) UT

UT,

Is this what Tilton, Brace, and McDonald are preaching now? Man I am glad i don't work there anymore, because if they came up spewing that crap at me I know I would have gotten fired!!!

Where was their pride to stand up to the contract agreement and the seamless contracts. The employee ownership and participation that dissappeared with the theft of all the EFLOP dollars??? Pride, proud of WHAT? I was embarassed to tell people that I worked at UniTED Air Lines! UniTED is not a company that reflects to much pride or loayalty on either side of the UniTED TEAM LOL!!!!!!

I've always found the term "loyalty", in terms of the company you work for, to be a bit disingenuous. Loyalty only goes so far. In terms of United's situation, loyalty is misleading. There is absolutely ZERO loyalty from Senior Mgmt down to the front lines. They'd sell us all out in a heartbeat to fatten their own wallets. Many would say they're in the process of selling us out. And where is their loyalty towards formulating a plan for success at this carrier after two years in Chapter 11???? The only loyalty I have is to myself and my family. Loyalty doesn't pay my mortgage or the rest of my bills. Don't get me wrong, I show up to work each day and do my job to the best of my ability. But if you think I'm doing that out of some sense of loyalty to United Airlines, you're crazy. I do it out of loyalty to my work ethic, which is something I take pride in. I do it out of personal pride. I also do it out of loyalty to the people I work with. But in the back of my mind, I know that my job is on tenuous footing and I could be unemployed shortly. The bottom line is that this is a business. We are all merely numbers. They will do ANYTHING they have to do if they feel it's in the best interests of United as a business. So any coversation about having loyalty towards your employer is a bit misguided in my view. There is no loyalty anymore.

JungleClone said:
I've always found the term "loyalty", in terms of the company you work for, to be a bit disingenuous. Loyalty only goes so far. In terms of United's situation, loyalty is misleading. There is absolutely ZERO loyalty from Senior Mgmt down to the front lines. They'd sell us all out in a heartbeat to fatten their own wallets. Many would say they're in the process of selling us out. And where is their loyalty towards formulating a plan for success at this carrier after two years in Chapter 11???? The only loyalty I have is to myself and my family. Loyalty doesn't pay my mortgage or the rest of my bills. Don't get me wrong, I show up to work each day and do my job to the best of my ability. But if you think I'm doing that out of some sense of loyalty to United Airlines, you're crazy. I do it out of loyalty to my work ethic, which is something I take pride in. I do it out of personal pride. I also do it out of loyalty to the people I work with. But in the back of my mind, I know that my job is on tenuous footing and I could be unemployed shortly. The bottom line is that this is a business. We are all merely numbers. They will do ANYTHING they have to do if they feel it's in the best interests of United as a business. So any coversation about having loyalty towards your employer is a bit misguided in my view. There is no loyalty anymore.
[post="226954"][/post]​

Well said.

Also I have put mrfish on the ignore list. Suggest others do the same. You only see that he posted. That is all.