Company Wants 33% Pay Cut For Cwa Agents

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
If the highest paid group (the pilots), are taking 18%. Why would Usairways want a CWA agent with 27 years seniority to take a 33% pay cut??? The latest proposal states $13.62 an hr. Thats a 33% cut , down from last weeks, $20.30 an hr. This will never even get 1 yes vote. Can some one please explain???????????????

Maybe they're trying to create some kind of pay parity among the work groups. Who the hell knows anymore? :shock: I think fleet service just dropped down to around 15.52 an hour. Is the 33% in writing? Nothing makes sense to me around here these days.

The longer you drag your feet, the lower it goes. You union could have had a much better package a few months ago, as could have ALPA.

We are moving into a LCC pay and working conditions situation, and my guess is that if the CWA does not get in there and negotiate, the judge will impose the company proposal...and you can probably negotiate a little better than that.

All of our groups have wasted time fighting management, instead of the other airlines, it is really quite sad.

We have listened to people like PitBull and others who have led you down the wrong path. One way or another, this is going to happen, and your job will be better than jetBlue and other upstarts.

This is what the industry moving to...Delta will declrace BK this week.

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
If the highest paid group (the pilots), are taking 18%. Why would Usairways want a CWA agent with 27 years seniority to take a 33% pay cut??? The latest proposal states $13.62 an hr. Thats a 33% cut , down from last weeks, $20.30 an hr. This will never even get 1 yes vote. Can some one please explain???????????????
[post="194536"][/post]​

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
[post="194536"][/post]​

Are you serious you need an explaination? They want you to quit. very simple.

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
The pilots have taken a 33% paycut a year and a half ago plus loss of their pension. Now its an additional 18%. 33+18=51%. Im not defending any one group here. I am no longer at mainline. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was for my pension (Gone) and my seniority number (Gone). Alot of people screamed let the judge have it, we will take our chances with him. Well, he's got it now and in the words of Rakesh "We are where we are". On a plus note...There is life after USAirways.

I am convinced that the folks making these offers to the Unions are indeed smoking something. Almost everyone needs to be VERY concerned about the line that reads " Operate an Unlimited amount of Mainline flights into Express stations"
This could end up being every station with the exception to 5 or 6. Then they want the Mainline Express and MDA to TOP OUT at a bit over $9 an hour!!!!. I don't care where you live, there are several jobs out there that start at or over that amount.
Imagine having 20+ years with a Company and earning $9 an hour. This is the ULTIMATE insult to labor. If they do anything smart, they should just make everyone the same payscale in the $15-$16 range, and not be concerned with how many flights there are in a given station or who operates them. The CWA and other Unions should use this offer to Wipe and return it back to them at the table.

FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
[post="194536"][/post]​
Because the pilots negotiated an 18% concession with the company. CWA is screamming "MAX PAY TO THE LAST DAY"! It's your union representatives who are leading you down this ever increasing percentage path. WAKE UP!!!

UseYourHead said:
The longer you drag your feet, the lower it goes. You union could have had a much better package a few months ago, as could have ALPA.

We are moving into a LCC pay and working conditions situation, and my guess is that if the CWA does not get in there and negotiate, the judge will impose the company proposal...and you can probably negotiate a little better than that.

You can't negotiate with a management team that does not show up. This is what happened last week as the CWA folks sat at the table for over 4 hours without an explanation from Jerry's guys as to why they didn't show up. They never wanted to negotiate in the first place. This is their way of getting everyone to walk out. :down:

I guess we should expect to have no asigned seating in the near future. No Interline, No Star, No nothing..........Shut the Damm doors already, Jerry you boys can go scratch.

UseYourHead said:
We have listened to people like PitBull and others who have led you down the wrong path. One way or another, this is going to happen, and your job will be better than jetBlue and other upstarts.

[post="194544"][/post]​

Pretty to think so.

If this "transformation" does indeed happen it will be through imposition and a self-help injunction. None of these proposals stand a chance of ratification, and the worse the proposals get - the more disenfranchised labor will become.

One has got to wonder whether the creditors will have the stomach to watch this drama unfold.

Schatzee said:
UseYourHead said:
You can't negotiate with a management team that does not show up. This is what happened last week as the CWA folks sat at the table for over 4 hours without an explanation from Jerry's guys as to why they didn't show up. They never wanted to negotiate in the first place. This is their way of getting everyone to walk out. :down:
[post="194564"][/post]​
In a sence, hasn't management been negotiating buy presenting proposals which the CWA has rejected? If the CWA is insisting on an across the table type of negotiations, its not likely to happen. Each time the CWA has rejected a proposal from management, the next proposal keeps getting worst. Forget the idea of ever having an across the table negotiating party and accept a proposal!

UseYourHead said:
[post="194544"][/post]​

The company has never bargained in good faith with the CWA. The CWA was pretty much ignored during the summer while negotiations went on with ALPA. From what I'm hearing this latest proposal doesn't look worse than the original one with a 35% pay cut.

Let the company continue to make the proposals worse. It will show the Judge that the company isn't bargaining in good faith, and it will ensure the shutting down of Usairways.

FM2436 said:
In a sence, hasn't management been negotiating buy presenting proposals which the CWA has rejected? If the CWA is insisting on an across the table type of negotiations, its not likely to happen. Each time the CWA has rejected a proposal from management, the next proposal keeps getting worst. Forget the idea of ever having an across the table negotiating party and accept a proposal!
[post="194592"][/post]​

roflmao

UseYourHead said:
[post="194544"][/post]​

If the judge imposes anything, the CWA will retain the right to self-help. ALPA signed it away for the better part of the decade. People will walk over $13 and change/hour.

Latest posts