Compensated for Good Flight

YVINTERN

Veteran
Jun 28, 2007
The Potomac
Visit site
(Since US reads these boards...some details are being omitted)

So I flew internationally in July to Europe, I was in Envoy both ways. I wrote a compliment letter for each flight saying that the flight crews were very professional, on time flights, and threw in some feedback on how US could improve it's TATL product...

LO and Behold I get this in my inbox today twice.

Dear YVINTERN,

On behalf of US Airways and the entire Customer Relations team, please accept our sincere apology for the travel difficulties you experienced. Your concerns have been thoroughly documented and your comments have been shared with the appropriate management teams to help us improve our service.

To convey our apologies we have authorized one $75 Electronic Travel With Us Voucher as a gesture of goodwill, in hopes you will allow US Airways another opportunity to regain your confidence. Your E-TUV is valid toward the purchase of travel on US Airways or America West Airlines. Please be advised the E-TUV is not valid with Internet bookings. The E-TUV must be redeemed one year from the date of this letter. In addition, please take a moment to read the terms and conditions below to receive the full benefit of this compensation. When you are ready to make your future travel arrangements, please call our Reservations Department at 1-800-428-4322 and reference the following name and confirmation number:

(Voucher Omitted)

Sincerely,

Customer Relations
US Airways

So I got some $75 vouchers...I guess US wants to continue bribing the passengers to fly on them and screw the employees out of potential profit sharing money...wow...can US get any lower?

They are so used to getting complaints due to their volume, they are automatically sending them out without even reading the letters. Miss a connection-get a voucher, mean employee-get a voucher, praise an employee-get a voucher, A&B-get a voucher. Hope they get a discount printing those things.

(Since US reads these boards...some details are being omitted)

So I flew internationally in July to Europe, I was in Envoy both ways. I wrote a compliment letter for each flight saying that the flight crews were very professional, on time flights, and threw in some feedback on how US could improve it's TATL product...

LO and Behold I get this in my inbox today twice.

Dear YVINTERN,

On behalf of US Airways and the entire Customer Relations team, please accept our sincere apology for the travel difficulties you experienced. Your concerns have been thoroughly documented and your comments have been shared with the appropriate management teams to help us improve our service.

To convey our apologies we have authorized one $75 Electronic Travel With Us Voucher as a gesture of goodwill, in hopes you will allow US Airways another opportunity to regain your confidence. Your E-TUV is valid toward the purchase of travel on US Airways or America West Airlines. Please be advised the E-TUV is not valid with Internet bookings. The E-TUV must be redeemed one year from the date of this letter. In addition, please take a moment to read the terms and conditions below to receive the full benefit of this compensation. When you are ready to make your future travel arrangements, please call our Reservations Department at 1-800-428-4322 and reference the following name and confirmation number:

(Voucher Omitted)
Sincerely,

Customer Relations
US Airways

So I got some $75 vouchers...I guess US wants to continue bribing the passengers to fly on them and screw the employees out of potential profit sharing money...wow...can US get any lower?

..."They complain due to what they think is lack of service, they complain when they receive a generous gesture"...

Does this only go to show that SOME problems at US Airways aren't actually existent? Or that many people are never happy, no matter how well they are treated?

..."They complain due to what they think is lack of service, they complain when they receive a generous gesture"...

Does this only go to show that SOME problems at US Airways aren't actually existent? Or that many people are never happy, no matter how well they are treated?
Say what????

Stuff it...I'm citing why US is going to lose money...and how they re screwing the employees out of maybe an extra $50 in their profit sharing check...

King, word of the wise...when using quotes please cite the source.

Stuff it...I'm citing why US is going to lose money...and how they re screwing the employees out of maybe an extra $50 in their profit sharing check...

King, word of the wise...when using quotes please cite the source.
I think old lobjaw has a case of heat stroke from riding his big wheel in this heat.....

Ah haha i'm going to tell all of my friends to either send in a fake letter of complaint or a compliment and watch the lower fares come rolling in , idiots....

Well I think it just goes to show you the power of form letters.

They must have a pop up window that they use for this sort of thing.

Insert e-mail hit enter and there goes a form letter and a voucher,all the restrictions shows they at least thought something out hu.
Problem solved...lol Its sad they dont know how to take a compliment.

Perhaps the OP was being compensated for a US flight exceeding his expectations???

I laughed out so hard my ribs hurt...Good one man ;)

I was just thinking if US could do their envoy service for their domestic first class product...we would be on par w/ United somewhat sadly...that says something...