Compliments

FrugalFlyerv2.0

Veteran
Oct 29, 2003
There aren't too many compliments to AA employees on this board so I thought I would make one. Recently I flew AA from DCA-BOS-LHR and back LGW-RDU-DCA. I was actually impressed. Good job AA employees and AA.

Flights were on time (except RDU-DCA), baggage delivered prompty to bag belt and not damaged en route and friendly service from the FA's. The RDU-DCA flight, as well as most of the other AE flights were delayed that evening and surprisingly the AE people at the gate (C23-C26) at RDU did a good job keeping the pax informed on why their flight was delayed etc. - they seemed professional instead giving/showing attitude as I witnessed at certain regional carriers when a similar situation arises.

My previous experiences on AA were several years ago - ORD from DTW & YYZ. There was nothing wrong on these flights, but they seemed ordinary, there was no impression good or bad.

For my trips to Europe I usually use a combination of NW/KL or AC/LH/OS or DL/OK (or even now bankrupt charters based in the great white north). IMHO AA offers a great product even in economy on the B-777. Ofcourse the price of $655 + tax & fees on aa.com purchased ~ 2 weeks before departure was good too.

While I have not been on a NW A330, the AA B-777 econ product is certainly better than what I get/experience on a NW/KL B747, much more than an OK A310 and even superior to an OS A340/A330.

Although I found AA prices to Europe in the past always a little higher than the competition (~$50-$100) there's an excellent chance I will be back on an AA flight my next trip to Europe.

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
Although I found AA prices to Europe in the past always a little higher than the competition (~$50-$100) there's an excellent chance I will be back on an AA flight my next trip to Europe.
[post="287628"][/post]​

With the maintenance at other airlines being outsourced to chop shops, flying AA is worth a little more money for safety.