Concessions - Round 2

goingboeing

Veteran
Jan 30, 2004
I wonder how the unions at AA will handle the next round of concessions that are coming. I especially am going to watch the TWU and how they handle round 2.
I hope that some airline employees somewhere will stand the ground to maintain decent pay and benefits.

Most scared straight programs take kids to visit prisons but here in Tulsa they bring kids to AA Tulsa M&E.[ Just kidding as today was kids day at work]

Mr.Arpey stated that before he approaches the unions for more concessions he is waiting to see what the other airlines do.[JP Morgan analysts tells Arpey that he needs more concessions]

The flight attendants have a new union president and chief negotiator. It will not be the push over job it was the last time and the vote extensions to make sure jw got his outcome.

Tommie is currently working with advisors and the company to determine the exact amount of the give backs from last April. She like many of us believe it was far more in real numbers than what AA and the last president led us to believe.

I think her goal is to find enough to off set future give backs as well as using the difference to trade back some of what we lost.

Either way we have a union now looking to the future and one who is planning to be ready for what ever comes our way.