Congratulations!

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
I would like to personally congratulate all employees who have received the 1.5% increase in pay effective 5/1/06....

Can someone explain how my .38 cents equals the thousands of stock options upper management received? For some silly reason I do not see where this equals SHARED SACRIFICE.
Sure i can explain it, They "SHARE" the Money and we "SACRIFICE". Hope that helps!

Regards, Local 12 Proud

Yeah, and you would rather be a sheep. Baahhh... :blink:

If you are disgruntled with your job and hate the company you work for, but aren't willing to take your job satisfaction into your own hand and go find yourself a better job then you are a sheep.

If you are disgruntled with your job and hate the company you work for, but aren't willing to take your job satisfaction into your own hand and go find yourself a better job then you are a sheep.

Excuse me Senior Oneflyer, you commented to my previous post that I "should do something about it". The "it" meaning the my disgruntlement (?) I have for my job.

Allow me to educate you a tad. I have always liked, and continue to like, what I do for a living. I enjoy repairing pilot/passenger discrepancies, Engineering TFI, etc., because it allows me to use my head and hands in troubleshooting. I felt that I should earn more for my responsibilities and my abilities. I tried to have a FAIR representational election between AMFA and the twu. I have tried to educate the public about the state of my profession, what with the massive outsourcing and concessions that are used to beat the work force into place.

Now, if everyone took your cowardly advice and ran whenever times got tough, or should I say UNFAIR, then the entire country would be playing musical chairs with their professions, not just AMTs. I believe that I would rather fight and protect my craft & profession than do as you suggest. Although SWA is a well run airline and their AMTs are some of the highest paid and utmost professionals, I would not mind working for them. Having 20 years at AA I believe I will stay and fight so future AA AMTs can have it better than if I just turned tail and ran.

Using an alias with such a post as yours makes me wonder what character you possess... if any.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='379196' date='May 9 2006, 08:24 AM']Just think after 8 months of savings...

You will have 1 gallon of gas :up: !!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Yeah you are right

Yeah you are right
Not really, its 38 cents an hour, so the increase can pay for one gallon of gas after 8 hours.With inflation running well above 3% we still took another paycut on top of the over 30% we have lost since 2003.