Connecting the hubs

Are there any plans to add flights between UA/US hubs that are underserved??

IAD-PIT has 3 props on US a day and IAD-PHL has 4 J41s on UX IIRC. I''m not suggesting real planes like A320s, but maybe an RJ or 2, and a more frequency. It would make the codeshare more useful. Are they allowed to codeshare between hubs?

Don''t laugh! DCA-BWI used to be on the schedule. Considering the I-495/I-95 traffic, though, it usually is faster to fly. :)

US does shift schedules as seasons warrant. As a regular DCA-SEA commuter, I''m looking forward to this summer when frequencies (including CLT service outright) and A321s return.

Airways used to fly several props a day out of MDT(Harrisburg) to BWI and Connect to DCA, these aircraft were always full. Then the BWI hub was scaled back along with flights, I never understood why profitable routes, prop or jet were shelved for some higher business plan. Metro Jet too, sure these were from a past Mgt. but come on, full aircraft are still full aircraft. Is there a plan to shift routes and aircraft as needed? It happens every spring to Fla. one would think a plan to flex the routes all over could work too, complicated, not perfect, but could something like that be done?

----------------
On 4/29/2003 3:36:36 PM whlinder wrote:

IAD-PIT has 3 props on US a day and IAD-PHL has 4 J41s on UX IIRC.

----------------​

Actually, IAD-PIT has eight flights a day on US and UA combined (four each). IAD-PHL has just the four UA flights.

I can see IAD-PHL with just four, because both have plenty of transcon and international departures. PIT, not being as big as PHL, has more connecting flights to IAD.

Of course, there''s also PIT-DCA with 5 flights and DCA-PHL with 7 flights (both US naturally), for the little O&D plus DCA connections.

I''ve flown BWI-DCA - 10 minutes wheels up arriving on RWY 33.

I noticed that US had axed all IAD-PHL service, but was attempting to restart IAD-LGA service. Did US reinstate IAD-PHL?

Latest posts