Connections In Phl Not

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
I just went to book ISP-ROC for next week, and found nothing which did not have a 2 hour plus layover. Most of this has happened because the ISP-PHL flights have been shifted 45 minutes or so later than they used to be.

Had the original schedule been in place with an 11:30 departure instead of 12:15, I could have made the 1:20 or so departure PHL-ROC. Instead I have to wait for the 3:30 or later departure from PHL, which makes no sense. Is this how they are going to discourage connecting flying through PHL?

The fare was also ridiculous (over $500!), but we won't go there. It was more a Don't Go fare.

This leads me to question the future of ISP if the schedules are not going to allow semi normal connections. It don't look good for us here.....

Unless of course they are going to have ISP service to more locations.

By the way the buzz bucket from LGA was still about $300 r/t.

I guess I have to break down and check Jet Blue :angry:

My best to you all...

Update-

There was once connection of 31 minutes, which US web site did not show (it probably knows better).

LGA was $300, JB was $180.

Guess who gets the business?

I love you guys, but something has to give......

My best to you all.

The fact that you were even willing to take a connection over a nonstop from other nearby airports proves your love Art... especially on a trip as short as ISP-ROC.

Art: Jetblue will be easy for you. I really don’t see US getting their act together. Let’s face it. ISP is a lost cause for US. US has given up the ship. When you think about it. SWA (the Low-cost guy) and US (The legacy Carrier) have traded placed in the minds of the public in this area. Years ago, people would think of low cost guys flying old planes and the legacy carriers with the nice aircraft, but today SWA and JB are flight the newest jets and US (ISP) is flying props that are a decade old and just don’t make it with the public anymore.

funguy2 said:
The fact that you were even willing to take a connection over a nonstop from other nearby airports proves your love Art... especially on a trip as short as ISP-ROC.
This isn't LOVE, it's sheer studity. Sorry ART. But you and I both know the facts. US is not working to keep you and I as customers anymore. They are forcing us to use the other carriers. Plain and simple. And guess what? It's working.

;)

Is ISP-ROC really the connection US WANTS to build??? This more likely has to do with the bank structure and US's realignment of its business plan. You might check connections to the South and see if they are more plentiful???

Flyhigh,

There are other connections which are more difficult if not impossible now, including some Caribbean destinations. Some combinations of transcons don't work now either, and some of the north/south flying I usually do has been affected as well.

The point of this thread is not to whine or complain, but to comment as to how the flight schedules are perhaps not being properly thought out. For example, the two first flights from ISP to PHL have been moved back instead of forward. The 7:50 used to leave at 7:10, and the 12:15 used to leave between 11:20 and 11:30. I think if you were to make the flights earlier rather than later, you would still accomplish the same de peaking as intended, but make many more connections possible.

I am disappointed that it appears US is abandoning ISP--and the fares don't help either.

So off I am to my first experience with Jet Blue....reluctantly but done.

My best to you all.....

If I understand the rolling hub concept correctly, there will be decent first-tier city connections; second tier city connections will have to wait a bit.

You didn't think depeaking would be a boon to passengers?

While one would hope U would pass the cost savings (of depeaking) on the the customer, obviously, that is not happening, either.

I truly regret customers have come to experience the same treatment employees get.

I understand the PHL depeaking is not in full blossom yet, but fear this is the shape of things to come.

Dio,

One can only hope that once the depeaking is finished some of these connections will be fixed. I do not mind a 90 or 120 minute connection, as it gives me a cushion in PHL (often needed), and it gives me a good reason to visit my good friends in the clubs. One would think that management could capitalize on the slightly longer connection times to push club memberships--to MARKET the clubs...

Again the main point being that if the ISP-PHL's in question had been moved EARLIER than the originals rather than later, the connections in question would remain available, PLUS the first PHL-ISP of the day would be closer to 9:30 rather than 10:30. It would actually be the right move, and it would assist in the depeaking of the hub.

Then again.............

I would be interested to see what they have to say about this--I am writing as we speak to BBB and others. I will let you know what if any responses I receive.

My best to you all.......

PS Jet Blue or not I will be back, as using JFK is VERY inconvenient for me. US is still my favorite despite everything.