Consumer Complaints

deltawatch

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Consumer complaints up for some big US airlines
Thu Aug 4, 2005 05:26 PM ET

WASHINGTON, Aug 4 - Three of the four big U.S. airlines in serious financial trouble also are experiencing more consumer complaints, particularly involving mishandled baggage, the government said on Thursday.

US Airways and United Airlines, both bankrupt, and Delta Air Lines, whose finances have deteriorated sharply and says it may seek court protection, all reported higher complaint rates for the first six months of this year compared to the same period in 2004.

The sharpest increase was at US Airways, which plans to merge with America West Airlines this fall.

The Transportation Department figures show the complaint rate for the seventh-largest carrier jumped from .92 per 100,000 passengers last year to 2.07 from January through June.

Lost or mishandled baggage accounted for about half the complaints at US Airways, followed by flight delays and cancellations and customer service. US Airways ranked 18th of 20 airlines reporting.

Southwest Airlines, which carried nearly twice as many passengers as US Airways, ranked first in the consumer report with a complaint rate of .17, a slight improvement over last year.

well what would they expect from a greedy crook at ccy who is suppose to be in charge of flight operations but cant even figure out how to fix phlly fiasco crap; then there is the lowest amount of employees due to cutbacks; then there is low employee morale akll thanks due to the larg enormus paycuts while mgmt fattens their own wallets. what more could be expected!!!!! :D :) :up:

Does this come as any surprise to anyone who works at the airports? Short-staffed most of the time and summer traffic to boot! It's a fact that many seasonal travelers require more time to handle as they don't have the experience as our FF's. The seasonal travelers have lots more baggage to check for their vacations/cruises/visits home. The rules have changed a lot in the last few years. They can't be expected to fully understand the hoops that now must be jumped just to take a trip to see Grandma.

I think our Customer Service Reps deserve gold medals for what they manage to do with no help, few resources and little back-up. Waiting around for my commutes and just watching what they do, and do so well under horrible conditions, makes me proud of them.

Imagine what we could be if only we had some decent management! I'm counting the days until Mr. Parker takes over.

Dea

PineyBob said:
HMMMMM,
Must be all of that "Business Acumen" that Hawk spoke so eloquently of. I mean what else could it be?

Oh Wait I know what it is:

It's those dumb assed customers who actually expect their airline to perform like an actual domestic carrier instead of some third world chicken & pig hauler. That has to be it

Or it could be those overpaid union guys. You know the new one in the do-rags> Yeah let's blame them, that's the ticket!

I'm thinking they must have all the mirrors removed from CCY.
[post="285852"][/post]​
Relax Piney,
Uncle Al will have the "new" outfit humming like a finely tuned indy car. Hopefully Asst. mechanic Donna Paladini will be helping to turn the boost up! AWA employees make sure your seat belt is tight, you are about to find out what "Business Acumen" really is.

Finish or Ignore said:
Relax Piney,
Uncle Al will have the "new" outfit humming like a finely tuned indy car. Hopefully Asst. mechanic Donna Paladini will be helping to turn the boost up! AWA employees make sure your seat belt is tight, you are about to find out what "Business Acumen" really is.
[post="285905"][/post]​
boy if they're the mechanics, make dam sure you got your parachutes strapped on in case of an on board emergence!!! :p :D :up: :rolleyes: :)

I'm just glad Al was kept onboard to head up operations at the new airline!!! Another good reason for the famous retention bonus's, hate to have talent like that stolen from the company!!! After all the stats are proof of what kind of job he does at U. The government stats don't lie...unless of course you ask Lakefield!!!!