NWA
American Eagle
United
America West
US Airways

ROFL!!!

LCC got both dead last and next-to-last, and it's only one airline! :D

Hey DoUgIe!
Your airline(s) are running neck and neck, 1-2 at the bottom.

sky high states: These stats are from MARCH, 2007. Already discussed on this board. Ice storm, Computer Migration, blah, blah, blah.
April stats are NOT out yet. (I couldnt find them.)

only stating opinions.

sky high states: These stats are from MARCH, 2007.
Actually, I think CR surveyed their subscribers last year (fall, perhaps). I haven't received the current issue yet - our mail is funny that way - so can't confirm that.

Jim

When are you going to let the USAir employees help you run a quality airline (which we once had until raiders arrived.) They refuse to listen to us (the ones that have decades of experience playing with the big boys) because THEY are going to do it their way. Well, now look what's happened. These upper management and middle management HP employees don't have enough airline experience yet alone life experience to make proper decisions. You cannot run a major global carrier on the cheap folks. Parker, Kirby, Beery, Christ and this board of directors has got to go NOW.

I do not have access to the report nor have I seen it so the following are comments from some who evidently have and posted from another web site

The survey was conducted in February prior to any weather or shares conversion.

A follow up survey was conducted in April which could reflect the above two issues. However, US was ranked last in the February results and the April follow up did not change the results.

More importantly as the airline has dismissed the value of FF’s and targets the occasional flyer, the average number of flights on US in the prior year was 1.37 from those who responded. Clearly not your average FF’s and an indication that Ma and Pa are not very happy either. 23,000 people responded to the survey

My only comment is that what the public perceives is reality whether or not it is accurate. Clearly, Tempe has some major perceptions to over come.

Sky High, I think you may be confusing the Consumer Reports Magazine review with the gov. DOT report

When are you going to let the USAir employees help you run a quality airline (which we once had until raiders arrived.) They refuse to listen to us (the ones that have decades of experience playing with the big boys) because THEY are going to do it their way. Well, now look what's happened. These upper management and middle management HP employees don't have enough airline experience yet alone life experience to make proper decisions. You cannot run a major global carrier on the cheap folks. Parker, Kirby, Beery, Christ and this board of directors has got to go NOW.
Our hats off to your former management that was performing SSSOOOOO well on its own!

I have the issue in hand. The survey was conducted Feb 07 with 22,997 consumerreports.org subscribers reporting on 31,455 US domestic flight experiences since Jan 06. There was a smaller, follow-up survey in April 07. In the follow-up, US Airways fell another 10 points from a score of 62/100 to 52/100. There is a note that HP and US began merging in 2005. The merger is described as "long and messy." The article also mentions them "marrying their computer reservations systems" as a cause of additional problems. The airlines were rated on check-in ease, seating comfort, cabin staff service, online booking, and on-time performance. HP's worst categories were seating comfort and cabin staff service. US's worst area was seating comfort. If you have ever seen these reports, they give a solid red circle (best) to solid black circle (worst). HP had two solid black circles and the rest half-black circles, while US had one solid black and the rest half-black.

The Bottom of the Barrel is the bottom of the barrel any way you slice it.

Ice Storm was also a Jet Blue issue and MOST of the carriers were effected with significant operations east of the big river.

Computer Issues were US's responsibility. So US EARNED this dubious distinction.

Quotes embedded from p. 17 of this CR issue:
When CR conducted the follow-up survey in April 07 after the "weather-related blunders of JetBlue in mid-February and US Airways in March," they discovered that "JetBlue's blues seem to have little effect on the airline's overall levels of satisfaction." But as I stated in my previous post, US dropped 10 points. "Compounding its [US's]weather woes" was the rez migration.

When exactly has USAir run a quality airline? Do you suffer from memory loss?